Suggestion/Advice wanted

asrafuln

I am from Bangladesh and here i am planning for a SaddleSore 1600K ... i will appreciate if you guys help me to make it happens.

Approximate ride starting date: 15th June 2018, 10am GMT6+

Attatchments:
Screenshot of my planed route of SaddleSore 1600K
and few shoot from previous rides

Attachments

Last edited:

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Good luck with the SS1600K asrafuln. Without knowing the roads of Bangladesh I can't advise on the route, but at a planned1612km it is very tight. I'd suggest finding another 10-20km or so just to make sure.

asrafuln

Thank you so much Peter OX-34 for your valuable comment. I didn`t thought about it before, but you are right i must add 10-20km road to be on safe side.

Thanks again mate.

asrafuln

I would get a receipt at E after you leave A to show that you made the "corner" before going north to B.
Brian Thorn as per your advice i think it will be better if i take receipt from all points... so far i got 10 stops include starting and ending points where i will be getting rest,food,fuel so here i will try to get receipt from every stops.

Thanks for your advice:)

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
Yes, receipts from each stop are always good, but the point I was making is that any time you make a "corner" (make a major directional change) you should always get a receipt at that corner. That helps to prove to the scorers that you didn't take a short cut on another road.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Brian I think that the Brahmaputra has very few crossings, so there is no "short cut" available. Stopping for the corner docket on the way west/north may be unnecessary and a waste of time.

Asrafuln, what model bike are you riding and what fuel capacity/range does it have? For that run from the Zero Point down to the Myanmar border seems the straightest route. Can you legally carry extra fuel to cut down on your official stops and save a little time?

I apologise for knowing so little about Bangladesh (the country has the 8th highest population in the world).

Tele

Premier Member
Very best wishes asrafulen for your SS1600K attempt ! I would not be keen on riding my bike over those cane bridges :eek:
I am not sure of your amount of daylight hours at this time of year, but with a 10:00am local start it means that you will be riding a large portion of your route through most of the night hours. OX`-34 has mentioned carrying fuel, and I hope that the lights on your bike are sufficient to ensure safe transit through the night. I am guessing that your waypoints noted on your route have fuel available throughout the night?

Skidoo

Premier Member
Good luck with your ride asrafuln. Some good advice is given above.
This is a tight ride, love the bridge!

Is there any reason why your considering a late starting time? I would consider an earlier start time eg 03:00 - 04:00 because:
- unless you can sleep right up to until you commence your ride, you may have been awake for hours wasting energy just sitting around waiting to start your ride
- you will utilise all available daylight hours effectively
- many riders find the 03:00-04:00 start the most effective in managing fatigue (circadian rhythm)
- if the ride goes well you may be back in bed at at reasonable time :rolleyes:

Again all the best and would love to follow the ride:)

Last edited:

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Hi. Good luck with the ride. I know you’re planning on adding some extra kms to the trip but I wanted to make sure that you know that the absolute minimum km required for the SS1600K is actually 1609 and not 1600?? It’s one of those finer points with the conversion from 1000miles to km.

If you’re adding another 20-30km on top of your planned 1612km you should be fine.

Also on the ride don’t trust your odometer. Stick to your planned route. :) ODO tend to read high.

asrafuln

Brian I think that the Brahmaputra has very few crossings, so there is no "short cut" available. Stopping for the corner docket on the way west/north may be unnecessary and a waste of time.

Asrafuln, what model bike are you riding and what fuel capacity/range does it have? For that run from the Zero Point down to the Myanmar border seems the straightest route. Can you legally carry extra fuel to cut down on your official stops and save a little time?

I apologise for knowing so little about Bangladesh (the country has the 8th highest population in the world).
[B]OX-34[/B] You are right Brahmaputra has only one bridge to go up except this only ferry and Boats are available which takes long time to pass.

I got 2 bikes
1# Lifan KPR 150cc - it`s a sports bike . on it my personal top speed is 153kmph. Controlling & Comfort label normal
2# Lifan KPT 150cc - It`s a Adventure bike. on it my top speed is 130kmph. It has tremendous Controlling with Comfort.
I like to take Lifan KPT 150cc for it`s comfort.

I am really glad to hear that you know about my country.

Thank you

asrafuln

Very best wishes asrafulen for your SS1600K attempt ! I would not be keen on riding my bike over those cane bridges :eek:
I am not sure of your amount of daylight hours at this time of year, but with a 10:00am local start it means that you will be riding a large portion of your route through most of the night hours. OX`-34 has mentioned carrying fuel, and I hope that the lights on your bike are sufficient to ensure safe transit through the night. I am guessing that your waypoints noted on your route have fuel available throughout the night?
The day i chose it`s one of our religious festive day as i am Muslim we have some observance early in the morning after done with those i am planning to start my SS1600K ride.

I am also worried about fuel and light. my bike has 14L fuel tank and i will try to carry 5L extra fuel . i have added three units of A7 Led as auxiliary light .

Thanks Tele

asrafuln

Good luck with your ride asrafuln. Some good advice is given above.
This is a tight ride, love the bridge!

Is there any reason why your considering a late starting time? I would consider an earlier start time eg 03:00 - 04:00 because:
- unless you can sleep right up to until you commence your ride, you may have been awake for hours wasting energy just sitting around waiting to start your ride
- you will utilise all available daylight hours effectively
- many riders find the 03:00-04:00 start the most effective in managing fatigue (circadian rhythm)
- if the ride goes well you may be back in bed at at reasonable time :rolleyes:

Again all the best and would love to follow the ride:)
Yes [B]Skidoo[/B] on that day early morning i have some religious observance which i have to maintain .
Here every one sugesting to start 03:00-04:00 now i am starting to re-think.

Thank you

asrafuln

Hi. Good luck with the ride. I know you’re planning on adding some extra kms to the trip but I wanted to make sure that you know that the absolute minimum km required for the SS1600K is actually 1609 and not 1600?? It’s one of those finer points with the conversion from 1000miles to km.

If you’re adding another 20-30km on top of your planned 1612km you should be fine.

Also on the ride don’t trust your odometer. Stick to your planned route. :) ODO tend to read high.
yes [B]Chris Wiltshire[/B] i have already added 40km so my total ride will be 1650km+ i will be posting my new route plan shortly in details.

Thank you

Last edited:

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
<...>Here every one sugesting to start 03:00-04:00 now i am starting to re-think.

Thank you
...and understanding a (very) small amount about Ramadan, wouldn't this add to the challenge of executing the ride?

I'm looking at the date you originally picked. This coincides with Eid al Fitr ... and why you picked that original starting time, I now understand.

The suggestion of an early morning departure the next day would still be advised.

Regards,