Summer Solstice ride - Eden to Albury section

Foxton1

Premier Member
Hello all, as the title suggests, I'll be going for a ride down to Eden then across to Albury via Jindabyne. I have ridden the other sections before, except for Eden -> Jindabyne -> Jingellic -> Talgarno -> Albury.

Does anyone have knowledge or suggestions on what I may need to look out for, with that section?
I'm thinking of aspects like any flood / post-flood road conditions, wildlife, accident blackspots, etc.

After checking for any relevant Road Closures on the route, I'll be leaving Sydney at 2am. All going well, I should depart Eden at 830am to hit Jindabyne around 1130am, then Albury around 330pm. Thanks in advance.

SummerSolsticeEden22.jpg

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Foxton

A good looking route.
On the Hume near Marulan, the concrete road surface is badly deformed to the extent trucks are now staying in the fast lane to avoid the badly deformed slow lane.
As you head down past Bombala, The roads have some serious damage from all the rain we’ve had this year so be alert to this. This includes cars driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid sections of damaged pavement.
Enjoy the ride!

Skidoo

Premier Member
Giddy Foxton

In addition to above, I passed through Temora last week and there are some decent holes leading into town. I almost needed an adventure bike to get out of a couple.

Seriously, just be astute with the roads, I’ve noticed roadkill has been increasing.