Summer Solstice ride plan

ACTCapo

Here's a little last-minute plan I hatched for Wednesday (Summer Solstice). It's going to be warm, up to 35 degrees.

I'm just after suggestions on which would be the best direction to tackle it, clockwise or anti-clockwise, in terms of fuel availability, potential for wildlife etc. I plan to leave about 2 or 3am. Thanks in advance.

SummerSolstice.JPG

Last edited:

Vlad

Premier Member
If your leaving at 2 am I don’t think it will matter, but for the sake of discussion, Gilgandra to Dunedoo via Mendooran is Roo country, can be easy can be scary when it’s dark. Not much in the way of gas from Wellington down to Yass after 8 pm except for Cowra. No worries for gas on the Newell. If your range is limited carry a ten litre plastic jerry in your back pack, I’ve never needed more than that to get me out of trouble. Looks like fun, enjoy.

Skidoo

Premier Member
If your leaving at 2 am I don’t think it will matter, but for the sake of discussion, Gilgandra to Dunedoo via Mendooran is Roo country, can be easy can be scary when it’s dark. Not much in the way of gas from Wellington down to Yass after 8 pm except for Cowra. No worries for gas on the Newell. If your range is limited carry a ten litre plastic jerry in your back pack, I’ve never needed more than that to get me out of trouble. Looks like fun, enjoy.
Sounds good, agree Dunedoo - Mendooran can be a bit jumpy at times In the dark. WeKington to Yass is under 300k,s being mindful I have had a decent two decent hits, first near Molong $12,000 and another near Cowra $22,500 with those bloody skippy,s. Finished both rides within time constraints however bike was written off after the second rebuild lol.

ACTCapo

Bike range is 350k, so I should get to wellington from home, but I might top-up at Yass to be safe. I'll have a 5L jerry in the topbox.

ACTCapo

Sounds good, agree Dunedoo - Mendooran can be a bit jumpy at times In the dark. WeKington to Yass is under 300k,s being mindful I have had a decent two decent hits, first near Molong $12,000 and another near Cowra $22,500 with those bloody skippy,s. Finished both rides within time constraints however bike was written off after the second rebuild lol.
Anti-clockwise gets me to Dunedoo after the sun is up. I've not seen much wildlife Boorowa-Cowra; the worst bit is usually Canberra-Yass in my experience.