Summer Solstice Saddle Sore 1000 [instead of bbg1500]

Are you riding a Solstice Ride?

• Nope

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes - a SS1000

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes - a BB Series. [Challenge, silver, or gold]

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A multiday ride with me single handedly plugging off the rider cert inbox for weeks!!! hahahahaha!!!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

CB650F

Premier Member
I plan on doing a Summer Solstice ride. I don't know what it will be though. I've got SS1000 and SS2000, and BBG certs already, so it will have to be something different. Maybe a regular BB? I'll have to do some digging through the list of rides and see what works well based on my current location in the Black Hills. Maybe a ride over to Yellowstone to see Old Faithful again. I wonder how far that is from here...

CB650F

Premier Member
I absolutely love the Black Hills! Wonderful roads, motorcycle friendly culture, and some of the best scenery you can ask for! In fact, I just got back from a ride down Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road. I even got stuck in a wildlife traffic jam. Stinking sheep didn't want to get off the road!

WY88

Premier Member
Doing a ride, SS1K or BBG I've not yet decided. Have only done 2 BBGs and 1 SS2KG so far so I should stack up a few more of both, and have approximately 31 or so SS1Ks. I nested 2 SS/BBs in 2017 when I first became a member. Won't do any ride this weekend if I don't get off my duff and change the oil and final drive in my Wing, and that is todays plan!

CB650F

Premier Member
Oh I just checked Google Maps. It's 514 miles from where I'm staying to Old Faithful Inn. I have a National Parks Annual Pass, so it doesn't cost me anything to get in, unless you count the obligatory Old Faithful ball cap or T-shit to prove I was there. The only down side is arriving just after an eruption and having to wait an hour and a half for the next one. Looks like it's time for an Old Faithful 1,000!