Super Tenere - Auxiliary Fuel Tank Availability

Skidoo

Premier Member
Jeffrey Gebler has found a manufacturer of aluminium fuel cells for the S10.
At this stage they are approximately $400 each, however if we get a few more riders interested the price will decrease.
If you have any queries please PM either Jeffrey or myself.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Jeffrey Gebler has found a manufacturer of aluminium fuel cells for the S10.
At this stage they are approximately $400 each, however if we get a few more riders interested the price will decrease.
If you have any queries please PM either Jeffrey or myself.
Any pics available?

Vlad

Premier Member
Just to add, I have found a fellow in Perth who will custom make to your specs. I'm about to try him on the GSA and will advise.

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Come to think about it

The guy that helped me fitted the tank to the CTX is making tanks for cars. He would make a tank for a bike, but said to me that it would be dearer than buying the plastic tank that I bought.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Any pics available?
Frans the manufacturer will create to our specs, we have ideas that have been forwarded for comment. Will post dimensions, mounting etc in the near future. We are still deciding on capacity however would be around 20 litres. Tank would be mounted directly to the frame in place of the passengers seat with a flat top allowing items to be possibly either bolted or tied down to it. Baffle plate within tank, filler flush and on upper edge, double aluminum thickness at mounting points and possible made out of one piece folded to shape then welded.

Just to add, I have found a fellow in Perth who will custom make to your specs. I'm about to try him on the GSA and will advise.
Thanks Vlad, seems to be a few around, trick is to find one that suits our needs lol.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Come to think about it

The guy that helped me fitted the tank to the CTX is making tanks for cars. He would make a tank for a bike, but said to me that it would be dearer than buying the plastic tank that I bought.
Your right, I have a 20 litre Jaz tank that was reasonably priced. it has done approximately 60,000 Km on various bikes, been grinded against the bitumen and still works (looks a bit ordinary). What I was after was a low profile tank to keep the centre of gravity a low and have the provision not to loose carrying capacity by being able to mount on top of it.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Henstock Technology located in Lobethal is who we are planning to use.
Rough measurement is 28 x 58 x 12 but will depend on what size we end up getting. Also will depend on the final design they come up with. Things are still in early stages until we find out who is interested.

Last edited:

Brookester

Premier Member
I know a bloke that has made a few tanks, plumbed and fitted the things and even rides a bit.
He tells me he has some new toys too.

But can we have some photos, a business name, some sort of info please.
Yeah...think I know that bloke too...last seen wearing pink nail polish...time before that locked in a phone booth at Glendambo....not too bad with fabrication skills too :cool::D:p

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thats 19.4 lrs Jeffrey. A good extra volume. Its a simple shape and probably going to loose volume or sit high relative... to retain volume.
If its entirely your project Jeff then can I suggest you aim to get as much tank as possible into every nook and cranny available in that pillion area and cargo space as you can. This will go along long way to keeping the CoG as low as possible for your design.
I would also argue T5 grade aluminium, which is transport certified and nothing thinner than 3mm.
Good luck with this project.
Gday Brookester.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Just found a photo of your bike at Wilmington Jeff.
I hope like hell the new tanks have thier filler on the rear most top side of the tank when bike is on the side stand.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just found a photo of your bike at Wilmington Jeff.
I hope like hell the new tanks have thier filler on the rear most top side of the tank when bike is on the side stand.
It certainly does, that tank was made by a mate interstate with just a few thoughts and measurments. Much more thought, research and effort into the proposed new one. Thanks for your imput and suggestions, any advise is greatly appreciated.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ive just been having an enjoyable chat with Jeff this evening.
Thanks Karl and Craig too for keeping me in the loop.

Sooooo

Ive just ordered one of Jeff's tanks for my s10 and very happy to have the opportunity.

Skidoo

Premier Member
. . .

Ive just ordered one of Jeff's tanks for my s10 and very happy to have the opportunity.
Funny, I have also ordered one. So you have a few 'extended' rides planned also :rolleyes:

Now to come up with a strategy to 'fast swap' from one S10 to another :D

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Oh hells bells.... Ive just had visions of a mid air refuel Karl out in the boondocks at night and probably in the midst of a thunder storm.