Tenere Riders: What seat do you use?

Jack D

Premier Member
Recently bought a 2014 Tenere and was well aware that the seat height was too high for my 29" inseam. I am now looking for a seat that is wider and contoured without being any higher. Normally I would just go to Russell but on this bike there is no way I could use a Russell. I saw a Tenere or two at Jacksonville so I know there are long distance Tenere riders. If you are one of them please comment on this thread and let me know what you are using and what the good and bad points are. I am going to the IBR and hope to get some ideas there as well.

craigincali

Premier Member
I used the stock seat. I was worried because after about 200 miles my butt would start hurting. When I did my last SS my bike only had 2,800 miles on it. Right at exactly 3,00 miles the seat seemed to pop. It was so weird that I pulled over to see if the seat was on the bike properly. Were since that pop it has been the most comfortable seat I have ever had. I am sorry if this is of no help but IMO the stock seat is excellent.

Brookester

Premier Member
I think IBR finisher Shane Cuddlin has the Saddleman Gel...I personally did 60,000mi on my 2010 with stock seat...I am assuming yours is in the lowered position?

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Brookester I'm sure Cuddles and Lady Cuddles ran custom seats in the IBR. Maybe Russell?

I lent Annette a my pillion seat while hers was away getting customised. I have had a sit on Shane's seat and it is the classic LD wide rear, narrower front shape.

I love that 'toll-proof' QRG-57 licence plate. Quite a handy farkle when riding in the US....