Testing the water

bmbob

IBA Member
yes, I'm up for that......(cheap petrol in Moffat, I was there last Tuesday on my way to Twatt)
Stay safe
Bob
ps we had a RTE there in June 2012

bmbob

IBA Member
Hi Dave
The same one that Foster used, on the A966 near Abune -the-hill.
See you in Moffat in a couple of weeks.
Stay safe
Bob

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Just got off the phone with the Buccleuch arms they do not do lunch time bookings at this time because of Covid restrictions Evening bookings are doubtful as they look after their residents first.
So that plan's shot in the arse. Tried the Sun in Dent not doing food due to staff shortages, contacted the George & Dragon waiting to hear from them.

bmbob

IBA Member
Ha Ha, just missed that one Gordon. I was booked on Pentland ferries for Wed the 6th July, when I got to my room in the Purple Palace, Tues evening I had a text from Pentland ferries saying 'my sailing was cancelled, sorry but there was an incident with the boat'.
So I rang North link ferries at 20.30 that night and managed to get on their boat at 09.40 next morning.
Later on Wed afternoon while speaking to a couple of crew members I found out that the boat had been grounded ,the passengers transferred and all the cars ,lorries, motorcycles had been left on board because they expected it to sink. Really glad I missed that bit of excitement!!
stay safe
Bob

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Just e-mailed the G & D in Dent as they do not answer the phone asking the 23rd or 30th July or 6th or the 13th August i wait to hear.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Got a reply from the G & D in Dent they can accommodate our booking but they need to know what date? How many? And £5.00 pp booking fee
we could ask if individuals can pay there own booking fee quoting IBAUK what do you think?

Firstpeke

I would likely pass on that one but if you are still struggling for a venue the Star Hotel (opposite the Buccleuch) does fine food in the evenings..... can't speak to their accommodation however, but there are other options for B&B's etc.....

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
I have contacted The Star in Moffat about lunch provisional date 6.8.22 i wait to hear.
The search continues:rolleyes:

Last edited: