The armless bell ringer

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
In a small country Church the Pastor decided to hire a bell ringer to toll the bells and call his flock to prayer. He advertised in the town newspaper and soon there was a knock at his door. The clergyman opened the door and there before him stood a fellow with no Arms. I’m here for the job said the young man. But how can you do the job said the prelate. If I can prove to you that I can do the job can I have it said the man. I guess so said the pastor but he harboured some doubts. Off to the church they went and climbed the bell tower. The young fellow sized up the largest bell and ran at it slammed his head into it.
BONG went the bell. The young man staggered back and dizzily said how was that?! The older clergyman said I don’t think this will work out, what would you do if you are to ring the bell twenty times in a row?
I can do it I can do it asserted the young fellow. Just watch Bong ,Bong Bong went the bell and the young man was staggering and weaving as he ran at the bell and finally missed the large bell completely and ran right out of the belfry and crashed to the ground. The Pastor ran down the steps and the poor young man was lying motionless on the ground. A crowd had gathered round and someone asked the pastor who the unfortunate young man was. He thought for a moment and said I’m not sure but his face sure rings a bell._______________________ PART 2_________________ A few days later the pastor was in his house when a Knock came from the Door He opened and was shocked as the Armless youth was standing there. BUT< BUT ,BUT YOUR DEAD stuttered the Pastor. The youth says that was my Brother and I want his job. Im a much better Ringer than him and the family needs the Money. So they go back to the church to have a go at the bell. He makes it to the tenth toll of the bell before he is overcome with dizziness and misses the bell and flys out the window and falls to the ground. As before a crowd gathers and as before a man asks the pastor who is this did he not die last week? NO that is not him but HE IS A DEAD RINGER FOR HIS BROTHER>