The correct procedure?

Stolo

Hi,
I’m new to this forum and to the Iron Butt certiffications, and I’m not sure I proceeded correctly.
This year I completed 3x1600k rides (I’m located in Romania, Europe). I’ve sent the applications by email, and I received the authomatic response every time. The application was sent mid May, the second at the end of May, the last one in August.
Today I found out that it was possible to pay in advance for the ride certifications. Does that means that the rides will be verified only after I pay for verification, or they will be verified anyways and when the verification starts/ends I will be invoiced?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
We normally send you an invoice after the ride passes review. So if you submitted and have not yet paid, that is the rule, not the exception. Non-US rides can take us quite a bit of time to verify.

Also note that sending your ride verification requests to IBA Germany is probably a faster and more efficient way to have your rides certified. Their Web site is at

https://www.ibagermany.de/

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Stolo

Hi Ira,
thank you very much. Should I send the documents to IBA Germany too, or this time I’ll just leave it as is and wait?

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I would go ahead and submit it to IBA Germany, but include a note that you previously had submitted it to us back in May.

Ira