Think about it

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Respect for persons with disabilites a problem for you?
I can't tell if you're being serious or just have a dry sense of humor.

But as for me, I think that the idea of a blind airplane pilot deserves at least a chuckle.

Firstpeke

Interestingly my late father in law was a mobility officer to the blind and he would have said that if anyone was going to find this funny it would be blind people, but maybe humour is now defunct due to political correctness in many countries.

This is not a criticism of anyone rather the mantra that we must all bow to the altar of political correctness and are no longer entitled to our own opinions, sense of humour, or faith, unless it permits that which is only politically correct.
A sad day when all we can see, if of course I am allowed to say that, is zero tolerance for anything that doesn't fit in the PC box.

I am surprised that there wasn't a similar angry response to the braille on the car manual gear change.... which was also funny and perhaps more of a jibe at PC'ness.....

I will just go and put on my nomex..... (which is a flame retardent oversuit and not an anti Mexican sentiment).....

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
but maybe humour is now defunct due to political correctness in many countries.

This is not a criticism of anyone rather the mantra that we must all bow to the altar of political correctness and are no longer entitled to our own opinions, sense of humour, or faith, unless it permits that which is only politically correct.
I remember my parents saying in the 1980's that Political Correctness was going to be the death of society. They sure were prescient.

I'd assert that it's even gone beyond regular political correctness. Nowadays, it's a mixture of political correctness (don't say anything that can be construed as offensive) with smug moral superiority (if you do something that I think is politically incorrect, it's my duty and right to chastise you for being less civilized and less intelligent than me).

I'm convinced that some people are just extremely bitter and unhappy in their souls, and go through life looking for something to get their knickers in a twist about. Everywhere they go, they are thieves of joy and levity while they convince themselves that they are the Arbiters of Truth and Decency.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If you don't agree with me on what is funny, rolling your eyes and moving on is one appropriate response, or say so in the forum without making it about what kind of person I must be to object to this "hilarious" joke.
Perhaps taking your own advice to begin with would have been the moral high ground?

Regardless, it's not really a venue for this discussion, as you aptly pointed out before.

m a u r a

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Perhaps taking your own advice to begin with would have been the moral high ground?

Regardless, it's not really a venue for this discussion, as you aptly pointed out before.
Never made any claim to moral high ground, asserting my right to respond to personal attacks . In doing so, I learn about people. So there's that.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
maura i,ve been posting jokes on here since the start of the pandemic over a year ago to lighten the mood you are the first one to object that's your opinion.
What one person finds funny the other person does not i would be obliged if you other guys would calm down with the attacks and just move on i have.

Last edited:

Ian M

maura i,ve been posting jokes on here since the start of the pandemic over a year ago to lighten the mood you are the first one to object that's your opinion.
What one person finds funny the other person does not i would be obliged if you other guys would calm down with the attacks and just move on i have.
we'd hoped now bat flu was over he'd stop - but like bat flu, he keeps going

:p:D

ooooooh bit of humour there