Ultimate Coast to Coast Insanity in an insane world

So i've been thinking about planning a ride and have but only one question. Can I start from my home town and make the ride to Prudhoe Bay, then off to Key West and then return to my home town. would that qualify for the insanity? Thanks in advance for the thoughts. E

BigLew55

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
So i've been thinking about planning a ride and have but only one question. Can I start from my home town and make the ride to Prudhoe Bay, then off to Key West and then return to my home town. would that qualify for the insanity? Thanks in advance for the thoughts. E
This is not an official answer, but I've seen it asked enough times to be confident the answer is no.

The ride requires your start and end to be in either Deadhorse or Key West. It does not start or end at some intermediate point on the route.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
If you are referring to the Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast Insanity, the answer is no.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

We are leaving June 2 to ride to Key West and start the Ultimate Coast to Coast Insanity Ride to Prudhoe Bay and back to Key West on June 4th. The plan is to be back in Key West before July 4th weekend. Do we need to do anything specific to certify the ride other than the regular documentation and spotwalla link? Premier memebers. also my membership expires mid june. can i renew that now or is it renewed automatically?

you can follow our adventures on youtube via MarkPhillipslivinlife (i think that's right) and will post later our instagram page info for all that might want to follow this insane event.

anyone else planning on going?

Well, if you read the ride rules, at

https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/ucc/index.html

you will know everything you need to know. :)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira,

Thanks for the reply to the one question. The second part was do I renew now or does it automatically renew each year. I don't know...thus the question. Some of your "ride rules" have not been updated in several years and are not what I would call clear. I did read them but only inquired is there something "special" required for the INSANITY part. I didn't want us to do all that distance for a piece of paper and then find out we should have done this or that and now we are disqualified. So, if it's not too much trouble, is there anything "special" that needs to be done.

No flags, just normal documentation up there and back. It is not clear if it is one fee for the Ultimate Coast To Coast and another for the coast to coast insanity. As a premier member, I read it to be $90 for one and $100 for the other. Both are listed as Ultimate Coast To Coast rides but one should say coast to coast insanity I think. Again...not clear.

I would whole heartedly appreciate some clarification if it isn't too much trouble.

Regards,

CurveDawg

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Your Premier membership does NOT automatically renew.

The only thing that differs from our other rides is the requirement to use the same motorcycle for the entire ride. Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean by "special." If you follow the rules, you will not be disqualified - if it's not in there, then it is not required. The only thing I can add is the basic documentation rule - that it is up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so.

With regard to the fee schedule, the one labeled "Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast" is the "Ultimate Coast to Coast Insanity." I'll have the guys edit it so the nomenclature is consistent with the rules page.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Ira

Last edited:
Your Premier membership does NOT automatically renew.

The only thing that differs from our other rides is the requirement to use the same motorcycle for the entire ride. Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean by "special." If you follow the rules, you will not be disqualified - if it's not in there, then it is not required. The only thing I can add is the basic documentation rule - that is is up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so.

With regard to the fee schedule, the one labeled "Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast" is the "Ultimate Coast to Coast Insanity." I'll have the guys edit it so the nomenclature is consistent with the rules page.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Ira
Ira...thank you kindly for the clarification...just want to do things the correct way. I will update my membership dues today! With traveling mercies, we will make it there and back without mishap.

Regards,

Mark

Russ Black

Premier Member
that is is up to you to demonstrate you rode the ride you claim by submitting sufficient documentation to do so.
There were never truer words spoken. Even though we now have the ability for sattellites to be our impartial witness, I still document the old way before Spotwalla. Why? Anything man made is subject to failure and Spotwalla has failed me once on a ride that could only be done on a specific date and was one of many such rides that made up an Insanity ride. The old way of documentation saved me.