Ultimate coast to coast questions...newbie

Rollin'

Premier Member
For those that may have not noticed the Canada North South Challenge ride...there are two of them.
The standard CNSC is Inuvik to Point Pelle National Park, ON. The northern and southernmost points in Canada before the new highway to Tuk was completed in 2017. Inuvik is at the end of the Dempster Highway.
The CNSC Gold is Tuktoyaktuk/Arctic Ocean to Point Pelee National Park, ON. You will need to ride to the end of the Dempster Highway and new Highway 10 to get to Tuktoyaktuk. Round trip it's almost 1100 miles of gravel travel. They give you 8 days to complete the CNSC or CNSC Gold.

Tuktoyaktuk is the only place in North America where you can ride to the Arctic Ocean.

If you like to be on the short list, two riders have completed the CNSC and one has completed the CNSC Gold.

Last edited:

Rollin'

Premier Member
2019.. wasn't that the first year the extension to Tuk was open? I heard at D2D it was a mess!
The new road to Tuktoyaktuk was opened to the public November 15, 2017. First rides to Tuk were done in 2018, I went in June of 2019.
I wanted to go and was ready to go to Tuk in 2018 but couldn't get the time away.

Last edited:

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The new road to Tuktoyaktuk was opened to the public November 15, 2017. First rides to Tuk were done in 2018, I went in June of 2019.
I wanted to go and was ready to go to Tuk in 2018 but couldn't get the time away.
Ugh, it's like something happened the last 2 years that caused them to be erased from my memory

Rollin'

Premier Member
Ugh, it's like something happened the last 2 years that caused them to be erased from my memory
:) When I went to Inuvik in 2015 they were already working on the new highway and I knew I would have to go back when it was completed so I was always watching for updates. Was ready to go in 2018 but things went sideways at home so had to wait another year.
I did ride to the southern start of the new highway when I was in Inuvik in 2015.

Hello all,

I am planning a UCC ride in June-July 2023 and was considering taking the top of the world highway from Dawson City, Canada, however, that will require me to take a ferry across the Yukon River near Dawson City. I would like to know if such a ferry is allowed in UCC if that is the only option to cross through a place.

Also, another question is, if I end up doing any Saddlesore rides during the UCC can I submit those for individual certifications along with the UCC?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Taking a ferry isn't a problem, you just can't count the mileage of the ferry ride. That ferry is a short one, (I've been on it), so not a problem.

As long as you document the start and end of each SS1K or other cert ride with a DBR and have the required additional receipts every 350 miles or less that document your route, nesting a SS1K inside the UCC isn't a problem.