Unofficial Saddle Sore 1000

craydds

Premier Member
On Sunday, May 1, 2022 I left Lafayette, LA at 5:30 am and rode over 1000 miles to my home in Las Cruces, NM. I arrived at my house approximately 8:00 pm. Unfortunately, this was a spontaneous ride without any of the documentation necessary for official recognition. As I was ready to leave Lafayette I couldn't get my Rever app to work, so my ride wasn't tracked on Rever. But the entire ride is recorded on my Garmin Nav VI. Next time I do a ride like this, I will follow all the rules for documentation.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Though Spotwalla is not required for all ride certifications (individual ride rules apply) unless submitting a Premier application, notice Rever is not a device supported by Spotwalla. If for any reason a rider is trying to prove they rode a ride and experience hiccups along the way because of receipts, cannot over stress using Spotwalla. “Spotwalla goes a long way towards proving your ride.”

igneouss

Premier Member
Absolutely.
But less experienced riders should collect paper DBRs anyway. Redundant certification methods...

Though Spotwalla is not required for all ride certifications (individual ride rules apply) unless submitting a Premier application, notice Rever is not a device supported by Spotwalla. If for any reason a rider is trying to prove they rode a ride and experience hiccups along the way because of receipts, cannot over stress using Spotwalla. “Spotwalla goes a long way towards proving your ride.”

craydds

Premier Member
The best way to learn is to ride and use these tools. Virtually all of my 1000 mile days have been undocumented and not certified. Even if it wasn't a documented ride it should still be a good learning experience, and hopefully you had fun!
Excellent idea. I'll do a weekend ride and play with Spotwalla, best way to learn how to use it. I have Basecamp, too; so I can plan rides in Rever, put them on Basecamp, then transfer them to my Nav VI. I don't really need Rever or Basecamp for my local rides, because I know the roads well. But, I should play with them. Maybe plan a ride to the Top of the Rockies rally.

craydds

Premier Member
Got the SW Tracker app. Been playing with SW Tracker and Spotwalla. Want to plan a SS1000 or a Ride Around New Mexico. Can I purchase a Premier Plus membership, or does one have to first complete a SS1000, etc., to become an IBA member? Not sure how that works.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Can I purchase a Premier Plus membership, or does one have to first complete a SS1000, etc., to become an IBA member?
You have to be a member first, so that you have access to the IBAeStore where you would buy the Premier or Premier Plus addition. LINK

As always, the only way to become a member of the IBA is to submit a SS1K or other ride for certification and have that ride successfully certified. Once you have an IBA member number, you will have access to the IBA eStore.

craydds

Premier Member
You have to be a member first, so that you have access to the IBAeStore where you would buy the Premier or Premier Plus addition. LINK

As always, the only way to become a member of the IBA is to submit a SS1K or other ride for certification and have that ride successfully certified. Once you have an IBA member number, you will have access to the IBA eStore.
Thank you! (It would help if I read the rules first, but that would be like cheating on a test). Seriously, just read the rules, it was clear that one has to complete and get certified, i.e., SS1000, to become a member. Thanks, again.

Russ Black

Premier Member
The Big As Texas – Ride-A-Palooza (Sept 16-24); Senior Butt/Junior Butt, Ride Around Texas with Rewind, and Ride-In’s, also has two other events (Sept 23-24), the Big As Texas SS1000 and BBG1500. The SS1000 theme is Bonnie and Clyde. See where this historic duo committed some of their crimes (two murder locations) and also spent time behind bars. Who doesn’t want that rally flag. For the BBG riders they have something special. Visit cities in Texas that were mentioned in popular songs. Such as Amarillo, Galveston and Luckenbach. You will visit “Record Stores”, yes the kind that still sells vinyl records.

The best part is that you will get your certificate (and IBA# if need be) Saturday afternoon from Mike Kneebone himself, no waiting. Pillions too.

You can sign-up thru the IBA e-store. It’s the first item listed in the left hand column.

craydds

Premier Member
The Big As Texas – Ride-A-Palooza (Sept 16-24); Senior Butt/Junior Butt, Ride Around Texas with Rewind, and Ride-In’s, also has two other events (Sept 23-24), the Big As Texas SS1000 and BBG1500.
Might have to get signed up for my first OFFICIAL SS1000. Make a big loop from Las Cruces, NM to Allen, TX to create a 1000 mile route.

Russ Black

Premier Member
It is only about 700 miles between Las Cruces, NM and Allen, TX so you would have to design a route to Allen, TX that is 1000+ miles < 24 hours and submit the documentation upon arrival. Participating in either the Big as Texas SS1000 or BBG1500 is really the easiest way to get a certified ride. Other than the ending DBR's, only photos are required. They will send you a GPX file that you can import into you GPS and some instructions of what you need to photograph a few days before the event. They will give you your rally flag upon check-in. Everyone starts from the same location at the same time (6AM). Then you ride to and take a photo of what ever they want you to take a photo of with the Rally Flag and return in less than 24 hours. At the scoring table, all you have to do is give them your finishing DBR and scroll thru the photos on your phone. Too Easy! You'll be presented with your certificate later that day. This is where I found my riding partner. We ended up riding together because we had similar riding styles.

My partner and I are attempting a 50CC to raise money for a charity this weekend, and are scheduled to be coming thru your fine city around 10:30 AM on Sunday.

craydds

Premier Member
It is only about 700 miles between Las Cruces, NM and Allen, TX so you would have to design a route to Allen, TX that is 1000+ miles < 24 hours and submit the documentation upon arrival. Participating in either the Big as Texas SS1000 or BBG1500 is really the easiest way to get a certified ride. Other than the ending DBR's, only photos are required. They will send you a GPX file that you can import into you GPS and some instructions of what you need to photograph a few days before the event. They will give you your rally flag upon check-in. Everyone starts from the same location at the same time (6AM). Then you ride to and take a photo of what ever they want you to take a photo of with the Rally Flag and return in less than 24 hours. At the scoring table, all you have to do is give them your finishing DBR and scroll thru the photos on your phone. Too Easy! You'll be presented with your certificate later that day. This is where I found my riding partner. We ended up riding together because we had similar riding styles.

My partner and I are attempting a 50CC to raise money for a charity this weekend, and are scheduled to be coming thru your fine city around 10:30 AM on Sunday.
BAT SS1000 sounds like a good way to go! When riding through my little town on Sunday, give me a call if there is anything you need