USB-C Sena Charger - Better Option?

DrNeo

Premier Member
The new 50S comes with a rather awkward (heavy and straight) charging/syncing/wifi cable. I really enjoyed the previous version, which was a coiled cable with a 90 degree bend at the end that plugs into the Sena.

Has anyone found a decent heavy-duty, coiled, USB-C with 90 degree bend at one end. My Google-fu so far hasn't turned up anything that would be rugged enough to be used for more than a month or two of heavy LDR use before it will (most-likely) succumb to my abuse.

Sena only lists a straight cable.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Kind of a pain when they change cable types. One possible idea is THIS Another cable that looks durable, but I have no personal experience with, is THIS. I like the specs and length, as well as the extra reinforcement at the ends and have had good results with braided USB cables so far. Retention of the plug in the USB-C port is a concern for me. I've had the Micro USB cord fall out sometimes while riding. Mostly not, but try to manage the cord so it can't drag on the ground if it does come loose.

I'm still using the 20S Evo with a micro USB, which my phone also uses. I do charge on the move since the 20S battery now only gives me ~6 hours of comm use with my bike to bike set up. I am actually thinking about swapping the internal battery for a larger one. I have to dig up the info I saved on doing that which another member posted about here or on LDRider list.