Wait time for Canada Certificate Approval

igurv

Hello Awesome Iron Butt (ers)... :)

I had completed my first Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1600 KMS in August 2020 in Toronto, Canada. Due to COVID, not a lot of places were open so we did Highway run... Toronto... Quebec City ... Toronto ...

I sent in all the documents digitally to ibaapplication email in August

Its been approx. 3 months, I have not heard back, what is the normal wait time to get approved and receive certificates (before the excitement dies).

Thank you

Screenshot_20200822-233100_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

thekaz

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
OMG its really hard to not post some french canadian or metric conversion satire ....... I am sure IRA or someone else will post with real advice but congrats on surviving quebec

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The turnaround time currently is 12-14 weeks, maybe a bit longer for a Canada ride. So it sounds like yours should be coming up shortly.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

igurv

The turnaround time currently is 12-14 weeks, maybe a bit longer for a Canada ride. So it sounds like yours should be coming up shortly.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
@Ira Thank you....
Maybe it will be my Christmas Gift.... Waiting anxiously.

igurv

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Ira...
It's almost 4 months .. about 15 weeks.. Any idea.. when I should expect to hear back?
Thanks again for your time.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
My earlier estimate stands.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Nomad

Premier Member
Patience young padawan. They are all volunteers doing the certifications and the covid has things all twisted. Congratulations on SS and welcome to the madness.

igurv

Patience young padawan. They are all volunteers doing the certifications and the covid has things all twisted. Congratulations on SS and welcome to the madness.
Thanks Nomad
I just want is new license plate cover and patch before bikes come out hibernation this year.
But I understand and will sit tight and wait....