Wait Time

koval21184

Premier Member
IBA Member
I submitted my ride back in September and received an email that it was received but I have not heard if it was verified yet. It was a SS1000. Could someone please let me know if i missed something?
TIA
John Kovalchik

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You did your part correctly. You received acknowledgement of your submission. You will next get an email that it's been approved and how much to pay. Most likely sometime in the next 30 days. Submissions have been running 16 weeks or more lately. Holidays slow things down a bit too.

I submitted my docs June 30 (25+ weeks) for a SS1600 and I am still waiting. I see people receiving verification for their rides that were submitted much later than myself, I have no idea what the problem is. I think my documentation was fairly organized and followed the rules as much as I could. It is so very frustrating.

6 months used to be common.
Hi Eric, is 6 months common? If that is common, I would we happy to hear that. I guess I always hear 14 to 16 weeks is the timing, that’s getting to be six weeks plus longer than that. If I could just hear that that was the normal time and that would be more comfortable.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
14-16 weeks is the aimed for optimal timeline. Depending on the number of verification teams, overall load each team has and staffing during holidays/pandemic issues, etc, it can easily run longer. And that's if most rides are just standard rides that are clear and easy to verify. Getting bogged down with difficult to verify rides can slow a team down. Waiting for a specific answer from Mike or a response from a business about a receipt can easily add time too.

IMHO, give it to the 6 month point and if you still haven't heard anything, yes, it's time to investigate more and try PMing Ira, (or Howard Entman on premier submissions).

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
It seems like the IBA #'s have been increasing almost exponentially over the last few years, so it's not so surprising the wait times have increased as well. But I can understand new IBA Riders are anxious to get their first certificate and IBA number issued and proudly mounting an IBA backer plate on their bike.

Russ Black

Premier Member
My first submission took almost a year so I know, your frustration. In the years since I have had the privilege to speak to a few higher-ups about this and I was informed of the two most common reasons for submission hang-ups.

1. Contact information changed from what submitted or possibility entered incorrectly in the first place. Perhaps something as simple as transposed two letters or numbers.

2. The application not being as good-to-go as the submitter might think. Documents missing or unreadable comes to mind. Something is not clear to them and they have a question or two that needs to be answered before they can continue processingthe application. They are not mind readers.

The certifiers are also unpaid volunteers.

Hello from British Columbia!

I have been waiting since September 21 to get my ride certified. Thanks to joining this forum and reading this thread I replied back to the email confirming the receipt of my application and within two hours I got my ride certified. I think it was due to me submitting for SS1000 but because I was in Canada it is the SS1600 (which sounds way more badass IMO). I totally appreciate all the work volunteers contribute here and in no way expected them to turn this around same day. I can only suggest that if your submission is stuck and you have waited patiently just send a polite email. You may be surprised.

Guess I will head south of the border next month and get my SS1000 and BB1500 to add to the collection.

Thanks IBA! You guys rock.

I hear the 6 month wait time, but if my payment was received (via Paypal confirmation was on Aug 19, 2022) figuring my emailed submission was in the associactions hands (to pull the money), wouldn't I have my certification emailed back by now (Nov 28, 2022) or do I need to keep waiting? The ride date was July 17, 2022. This was my 7th Iron Butt ride, but first electronic submission. Hope I did it all correctly. Or could I have missed the certification emailed back to me some time ago? Is there an option to have the certification resent?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
It's not about when you pay. Unless you were notified your ride was certified and payment was requested. They generally suggest you don't pre-pay on electronic submissions, but rather wait until you're notified the ride has been certified. Were you notified it was complete and given a link to pay? If so, you certainly should have received the cert by now.

It's not about when you pay. Unless you were notified your ride was certified and payment was requested. They generally suggest you don't pre-pay on electronic submissions, but rather wait until you're notified the ride has been certified. Were you notified it was complete and given a link to pay? If so, you certainly should have received the cert by now.
I submitted payment at time of electronic submission. That was how I've done it in the past with snail-mail submissions. This electronic thing is all new to me. I did see a standard responce email right after the original email sent submission, but nothing since. I worry as my work email has been locked down tighter than a leaking drum from my employer (we are in a very high security industry prone to foreign country attacks), so thought maybe I missed a reply. I do have the IBA email in my 'allowed' contacts list. Hummm. Thank you for that note.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You're probably coming up in the queue. I'm an old school guy too, we used to just mail the check with the application, but new times. It's easier for them to do the certification first, then request payment, then it is to refund payment if there is a problem, thus the change.

On July 23, 2021 I submitted my ride by email and received the following (copied from the email back):

Your IBA ride application has been received and is in the queue for processing.
IF you are submitting more than one application (for example, two emails, two applications within a few minutes of each other), you will only get one email response per 24 hour period.

Is there a way for someone to check on this or do I need to resubmit? I am not far away now from two years - I've been patient and this is my first inquiry

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
On July 23, 2021 I submitted my ride by email and received the following (copied from the email back):

Your IBA ride application has been received and is in the queue for processing.
IF you are submitting more than one application (for example, two emails, two applications within a few minutes of each other), you will only get one email response per 24 hour period.

Is there a way for someone to check on this or do I need to resubmit? I am not far away now from two years - I've been patient and this is my first inquiry
From another Canadian above -
I replied back to the email confirming the receipt of my application...
Have you tried that?