Wanted... Apple device (alive only)

Is there anyone out there that has an unwanted/unrequired Apple iPhone that is capable of running a relatively new version of iOS? It really doesn't have to be the latest version.

All donations would be gratefully appreciated.

Condition is not important. It is just for testing purposes.

I would willingly swap a brand new pair of Givi cylinder head guards for an R1200GS - (2013 LC version onwards) for said device.

Thanks

Russ Black

Premier Member
I don't have an unwanted one but I do use two iPhones on my rides. My current one and my old one. I have SWTracker running on both. The older one is connected to a constant power source in the trunk and only has SWConnect running. The other is on the handle bar and also running an navigation app with the route loaded for turn-by turn instructions and I also have a standard GPS with the route loaded mounted to the vent on the windshield so it's just below my line of sight while driving. The iPhone in the trunk is using the iPhone on the handlebars hotspot to communicate to Spotwalla where I have both of the iPhones tracks combined into one. I try to start the tracking on them about 2 1/2 minutes apart so I'll have more accurate track. If my current phone craps out I can put my SIM card in my old one and keep going.

You can also swap places with the phones where the old one is subjected to the weather etc. and the new one stays protected and out of harms way in the trunk.

Thanks Russ. It is interesting to understand the context in which users interact with their phone, or otherwise use them on rallies, so no information is wasted. Thanks once again.