WANTED!! Door for left dashboard pocket 2002 GL 1800

I recently installed a new pocket on the left side of dashboard on a 2002 1800. It did not come with a door (the top lid w/latch). Honda has mis-marked a whole bunch of their parts packages...I have received THREE of these doors from 3 different dealers. The part number on the package matches the needed part, but the enclosed door is the wrong one. The one I need is flat on top and bottom, with two slots for the hinge arms to slide into. Hinges are installed on the pocket. The incorrect part has the hinges on the lid, not the pocket.
Part #64425-MCA-000 if that helps.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Are you sure you have a 2002 pocket in your 2002 GL1800?

This ebay ad clearly shows the P/n you call out molded into what you describe as the wrong part. LINK

Maybe this will solves your problem, the left pocket w/o a lid, but it accepts the lids with hinges. LINK

Last edited:
Thanks for the rapid response. The part numbers do NOT match. The one in the link you sent is several digits different. I copied that number here:
64425 MCAA 0000 01 -
Different from the one in my original post. And yes, it is a 2002 pocket. And that is the lid I received three times from three different dealers...part number on the package matched, but this is the lid that was inside (your second photo).

I think I found one from a dealer up in North Carolina. I'm riding up there tomorrow to check it out. Fingers crossed. I'll keep y'all posted.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Honda PN's are typically 11 or 12 characters. The pic below is from my first link. Your PN has an extra A and a revision of -01 on the end.

Good luck on the hunt. Perhaps they can text you a picture before you ride up to NC?

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
2004 GL1800 A left pocket - P/N 64425-MCA-000 LINK Good 'ol Honda, same part number for two different style parts. :cool:

They sent pics. Looks like they have the correct one. Still, my fingers are crossed :) I hope you saw my other thread I started this morning regarding help with my new Garmin XT2. Take a look, maybe you can help?

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
2001 to 2005 are the same and it lets you remove the pockets without doing removing anything else, in 2006 they changed things and to remove the pocket you have to remove the molding. Not a big deal unless you have Backer Air Wings. I'm considering cutting my moldings above the Air Wings to make it easier to remove the pocket as you would need to replace a high beam bulb on either side and add coolant on the right. I also have added some electrical connections on each side.

Last edited:

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Honda has embossed the same P/N on two different styles of pocket lid. As the OP stated, one has hinges on the lid, the other has slots and the hinges are on the pocket itself. So w/o a picture of the actual part, you don't know what you're getting. Which led to him getting the wrong part previously. I believe he has it sorted now.

rneal55555

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just buy the whole pocket with a lid. You just release 4 push pins and the whole thing comes out. As long as it's from a 2001 to 2005 it'll be fine whether he gets the whole pocket or just the lid. If you call and talk to an actual human you can explain that no matter the part # on it is, it has to come from an 01-05.