Welcome to the IBA Australia forum

Ed.

Premier Member
Guilty, I'm afraid. Well a little bit guilty, you dreamed, planned, managed and rode your rides all on your own! (OK, a couple of us may have planned and watered the seeds occasionally). Speaking of others, Russ, Thommo and even Owl are also lurking around here somewhere.

G'day, Ron. Yes of course. That was a great weekend. Although, what with Covid and all, I've done stuff all riding since. I'm just now looking into the heated garments you recommended to me. I will never be that bloody cold ever again.
Top weekend. I have some of that Stomping Ground IPA in my fridge.
I've found the bike powered Venture from Zarkie good value, particularly with the heated innersoles, for my blood starved (diabetic) cold feet. I've set up my trickle charger to use the same outlet, for the gear.

I just ordered the jacket liner. They were out of stock for "fat bastard" pants. Only have S and XS in stock.
I'll do the same thing re trickle charger port.
Will see how this liner goes.
My biggest issue I found was maintaining my core temp. On the Rocket, the wind blast hits me square in the chest.
I'm sure most people here know that once your core temp drops, your hands and feet will get cold no matter what. I actually burnt my hands with my heated grips but they still felt cold at the time.
I might spring for the pants and socks at a later time if the liner isn't enough.
Thanks for the advice.

Hi All

@tj189 advised to paste my intro to the thread so I will blame him if it's not the right spot hahaha

Let me take the opportunity (that I finally started using this awesome forum) and introduce myself.

I am originally from Poland. from a city called Lodz (Łódź is the correct Polish spelling and no-one in Oz knows how to pronounce or spell that correctly ;) ). We moved across to Oz in 2006, with wife and two kids. I have been riding motorcycles since I turned 16 (I will turn 45 in December 2022). btw, did anyone hear about Simson SR50 in the forum? I was enjoying my long trips across Europe, then Australia, but had never been registering them with any association, group etc. up until not long ago.
Roughly 2 years back, while looking for some random, but critically important, motorcycle related things, I stumbled upon IBA which I had never heard of before. I really enjoyed the idea of my rides being certified by a big international organisation, so I decided to give it a go ..
Fast forward to today, I have already got several of my rides certified with IBA. My major IBA related achievements would be the Valentine’s Day Ride done in Tassie earlier this year (one zillion turns, two zillion animals watching me along the way), Piston Diversity Award achieved despite the very annoying Covid restrictions, or my little Mile Eater Silver award.
I am currently based in Koolewong NSW, a tiny suburb near Gosford NSW (Central Coast) and am a happy owner of a 2019 H-D Ultra Limited aka Daphne Blake.

Great to meet you All!
It would be not too bad idea to plan the 2023 Muster as well so I can schedule it and get all the necessary approvals from the Wife.

btw: anyone in Dubbo for the Dubbo Rally this coming weekend?
Our Muster is usually in Spring.

I just checked out the Dubbo Rally. It's a personal thing, but I'm not into that style of event. But thanks for point it out.

Hi All

@tj189 advised to paste my intro to the thread so I will blame him if it's not the right spot hahaha

Let me take the opportunity (that I finally started using this awesome forum) and introduce myself.

I am originally from Poland. from a city called Lodz (Łódź is the correct Polish spelling and no-one in Oz knows how to pronounce or spell that correctly ;) ). We moved across to Oz in 2006, with wife and two kids. I have been riding motorcycles since I turned 16 (I will turn 45 in December 2022). btw, did anyone hear about Simson SR50 in the forum? I was enjoying my long trips across Europe, then Australia, but had never been registering them with any association, group etc. up until not long ago.
Roughly 2 years back, while looking for some random, but critically important, motorcycle related things, I stumbled upon IBA which I had never heard of before. I really enjoyed the idea of my rides being certified by a big international organisation, so I decided to give it a go ..
Fast forward to today, I have already got several of my rides certified with IBA. My major IBA related achievements would be the Valentine’s Day Ride done in Tassie earlier this year (one zillion turns, two zillion animals watching me along the way), Piston Diversity Award achieved despite the very annoying Covid restrictions, or my little Mile Eater Silver award.
I am currently based in Koolewong NSW, a tiny suburb near Gosford NSW (Central Coast) and am a happy owner of a 2019 H-D Ultra Limited aka Daphne Blake.
I happen to have a Simon s51 in my qld workshop.
I rode it all over guinea west africa and brought it home when I returned to Oz