Welcome to the Mansfield Vic Muster 2019

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Im setting out a basic simple route.
My plan this year is to just relaxe and try and sleep more in the weeks prior.
Wombattles presentation at Dalby was not lost on me. It made sense of the 50 hours of inefective ride effort that saw me DNF
And im overweight just now so its time to knuckle down and loose some of it at least.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Has anyone had the same sort of email reply, ?
I submitted my ride application as per info provided.
However, I received some "ticket" from some place in NZ.
This seems a bit SUSPECT to me. It gives a green box that's a "link to your ticket"
However then it needs some login.
Is this legit?

Attachments

kwaka

Premier Member
Looks suss to me.
FWIW. I am concerned that ordering online for a rally flag or other merchandise here that the connection is not secure. No green padlock visible. With the amount of data breaches occurring worldwide, this is a worry. Rest assured that no site is immune from the "hackers" and the techniques used to pilfer as much of our personal information and data is always being refined. So too the techniques to breach data centres.

In addition, when the USA IBA team were still doing the this, I had a IBA verification payment go west when I applied online via the IBA eStore some years ago. I knew something wasn't right when I clicked button for that final step to confirm payment. Screen flashed a couple of times and then I was sent back to the starting payment screen. I then logged out with my job to follow up if payment was made.

The next day I received a call from my bank asking if I was in Nigeria. Um, no, haven't left town said I. They could see that the payment was being processed over there and fortunately, the bank reversed that transaction so I wasn't out of pocket.

Err on the side of caution is my advice.
Again, I do have a major issue with sending details over un-encrypted connections, I simply refuse to do so.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Looks suss to me.
FWIW. I am concerned that ordering online for a rally flag or other merchandise here that the connection is not secure. No green padlock visible. With the amount of data breaches occurring worldwide, this is a worry. Rest assured that no site is immune from the "hackers" and the techniques used to pilfer as much of our personal information and data is always being refined. So too the techniques to breach data centres.

In addition, when the USA IBA team were still doing the this, I had a IBA verification payment go west when I applied online via the IBA eStore some years ago. I knew something wasn't right when I clicked button for that final step to confirm payment. Screen flashed a couple of times and then I was sent back to the starting payment screen. I then logged out with my job to follow up if payment was made.

The next day I received a call from my bank asking if I was in Nigeria. Um, no, haven't left town said I. They could see that the payment was being processed over there and fortunately, the bank reversed that transaction so I wasn't out of pocket.

Err on the side of caution is my advice.
Again, I do have a major issue with sending details over un-encrypted connections, I simply refuse to do so.
When you buy the flag it takes you to your PayPal account that you have to log into, PayPal send secure, I use it a lot