Welcome to the Mansfield Vic Muster 2019

kwaka

Premier Member
Cheers Farkleit. Yes, I noted and tested the PayPal link.

FWIW. For both business and personal, been using PayPal (and other online payment systems for well over two decades), am very versed with setting up and using PayPal for those purposes, PayPal is not the issue here.

The problem for me is the need to register to place the order on an unencrypted (Connection not secure) page/site and therein lies the issue. The data thieves love unencrypted stuff sent over any carriage service.

If anyone is curious as to my concerns have a look at Australian award winning security and tech guru Troy Hunt's site: Online attacks
Further, the push is on to have all web pages served via encrypted sites. Why?
Simply because HTTPS is easy!
Additionally, Troy has sent up Have I Been Pwned? where you can check to see if your email and passwords have been breached/hacked.
Online security, it's everyone's business.

Sorry for the thread hijack but online security especially of my personal information is extremely important to me. Much like my ecological footprint, I'm trying to lower my online footprint (aka profiling) too.

tj189

Premier Member
Looks suss to me.
FWIW. I am concerned that ordering online for a rally flag or other merchandise here that the connection is not secure. No green padlock visible. With the amount of data breaches occurring worldwide, this is a worry. Rest assured that no site is immune from the "hackers" and the techniques used to pilfer as much of our personal information and data is always being refined. So too the techniques to breach data centres.

In addition, when the USA IBA team were still doing the this, I had a IBA verification payment go west when I applied online via the IBA eStore some years ago. I knew something wasn't right when I clicked button for that final step to confirm payment. Screen flashed a couple of times and then I was sent back to the starting payment screen. I then logged out with my job to follow up if payment was made.

The next day I received a call from my bank asking if I was in Nigeria. Um, no, haven't left town said I. They could see that the payment was being processed over there and fortunately, the bank reversed that transaction so I wasn't out of pocket.

Err on the side of caution is my advice.
Again, I do have a major issue with sending details over un-encrypted connections, I simply refuse to do so.
The website is encrypted, https://www.ibaaustralia.com/

Farkleit

Premier Member
TJ, it's not the website I had the issue with, if you look at my last post I have screenshot the reply I received when I submitted my Muster Application the email was some NZ address, I thought the application was going USA.
The email text is
Dear Farkel It,Your ticket has been created with the ticket ID 124 and subject "Crawford B Mansfield Muster 2019 Ride In."Someone from our customer service team will review it and respond shortly.Regards,Draft NZ Support Team.View ticket

Can you confirm all my application is received and in order please?

Attachments

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
TJ, it's not the website I had the issue with, if you look at my last post I have screenshot the reply I received when I submitted my Muster Application the email was some NZ address, I thought the application was going USA.
The email text is
Dear Farkel It,Your ticket has been created with the ticket ID 124 and subject "Crawford B Mansfield Muster 2019 Ride In."Someone from our customer service team will review it and respond shortly.Regards,Draft NZ Support Team.View ticket

Can you confirm all my application is received and in order please?
My response was to do with the issue Kwaka raised ( a good point raised).

Your screenshot appears to show that something has been sent to IBA Premier Verification?

Your Muster registration and payment have both gone through to Ride Master and PayPal respectively.

Your Ride Application is in the USA with Howard and his team.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ive built a new route. Its all normal to me until I hit Yass. Yes well so what a great many of you will be saying.
Well my fitness and health says just slab it. Well the Newell has seen me ride or drive the length of the thing maybe 40 or 50 times i the last decade and Im just not interested. So Im poping down to Yass for some simple slab to Kalkallo up to Echuca, across the Shepparton down Benalla and Mansfield.
But the distance is tight from Armidale its only 1623km . 13km is enought to be questionable at the table. SO.
I dont live at Armidale. I live 34km east at Hillgrove Hillgrove has no ATM or any other docket producer. That 34kn would be useful for fat on the OA distance.
When I was over Barraba way the 27 ks to a start docket was not an issue. Did that dozens of time not a big deal. BUT

But bloody Karl aka Skidoo keeps saying to me " think outside the box.." ."im not here to hold your hand"
Believe me Ive hauled him out of the odd gutter and his hands are clammy so putting this thought forwards is bound to draw attention.
But I have to put this out-there. It seems to me to be so very simple as to be stupid.
Follow the logic.
If I shoot a pic of my odo and my phone together that has date and time on the screen as Im leaving from home at Hillgrove, then a shot in town with an atm docket beside the odo
then the intervening distance and time are recorded. Its a straight no corners line from Here to Armidale.
From Armidale onwards its easy as.
Im confident the 23km of that 1623 is bomproof BUT why waist those 34km?

This is not a sulk or a bitch about too hard. Its just my solution to a proposition Karl keeps asking me.
So before you hit the keys just reread the post and think it through.
Tis not one jot of deal breaker to me but its more about thinking solutions to the simple stuff of long rides.

TJ, I have received an email similar to Farkleit's, from Draft NZ support team.
Can you check that my application has been received, with PayPal receipt attached, as sent, thanks.

Tele

Premier Member
I hate missing this one, but I'm on leave across in Perth the previous week, and they are not keen to extend my leave across another weekend due to some big projects on here at the moment. Despite the 'promised' LSL for a few months, nothing is finalised yet and work continues ........:(

Hop

G'day team,
I have to apologize for this year. Unfortunately at this point in my life I can only do Queensland school holidays. Hard as I try I cannot see a way to get there safe this year.
Don't give up on the bring a rookie.
Maybe next year. Enjoy.
Hop

Biggles

Premier Member
I just sent in my application and got back an email with subject "[##130##] Your ticket has been created" from the NZ Draft Team and one with subject "Draft NZ Customer Self Service Portal Invitation" inviting me to register to track my requests online.
Very weird! I note others have had this reply and it's deemed all fine.
A bit of clarification might be in order if it's legit. The internet is strange and dangerous enough without IBA links getting hacked.

Farkleit

Premier Member
Does anyone know if Frog is coming from WA this year? And if so what date he is leaving
I am setting a page in spotwalla that will show the animation like last year's muster. I need to get info to Jason to make it happen as we all head for Mansfield.
Cheers

Fransvdm

Premier Member
Does anyone know if Frog is coming from WA this year? And if so what date he is leaving
I am setting a page in spotwalla that will show the animation like last year's muster. I need to get info to Jason to make it happen as we all head for Mansfield.
Cheers
Send him a message. I'm sure he's the best person to ask. He might know if he's coming .........:p:p:p

;););)

HACKLE

I have registered, but have not received conformation from anyone/anywhere. I trust then that I am registered. Just wondering. Cheers. Sorry, OLD FARTS disease obviously has started to set in. I have received conformation. Now, where is the Muster again. :confused::confused::confused:

hagar

Premier Member
TJ, now I’m confused! First the response from registering for the Muster from NZ was ok. Then it was not, so what is the answer, are we registered or not because the time is running out and I and Simon got the same reply?

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
TJ, now I’m confused! First the response from registering for the Muster from NZ was ok. Then it was not, so what is the answer, are we registered or not because the time is running out and I and Simon got the same reply?
I also got the same reply when I registered.

Biggles

Premier Member
I'm with Hagar. There is only one day left to lodge the Application email and we're being told we're not registered- we're just getting phantom replies from NZ.
Is there an Official Registration Confirmation email of any kind?

Even this email with the heading "IBA Premier Verification <[email protected]>" SUBJECT: [##130##] Your ticket has been created" comes from NZ:
"
Dear bileo,

Your ticket has been created with the ticket ID 130 and subject "Purcell IBA Mansfield Muster Ride-in"

Someone from our customer service team will review it and respond shortly.

Regards,
Draft NZ Support Team.

tj189

Premier Member
When you registered for the Muster with Ride Master you would have received an email confirming you were registered. If you have not received that then please advise us via [email protected].

If you have recently sent off your Ride Application to [email protected] then you may have received an email as described above. We have sent an email to see if this actually from IBA. We will get back asap.

I will take a stab in the dark and suggest that you all received your registration email back from Ridemaster.

Bill where are you finding the information that you are not registered?
Hagar, are you saying that you received a response from NZ and not Ride Master when you registered with Ride Master??