When satellites go insane

MarkG

Premier Member
While we rely on Spotwalla and the satellites to prove our rides it could cause grief. I purchased a Garmin Explorer Plus last year knowing I was going to be out of cellphone range in Canada. It worked perfectly and now I use both Garmin inReach and the Bubbler app on my phone.

I was in the car going to Las Vegas in January. Strange the news had announced that the GPS would be jammed in Florida a couple of weeks later, hmm I wonder. The link shows the inReach track sent to Spotwalla from Garmin. Interesting enough the Bubble app on my phone showed the proper routing. Before anybody says anything this was not a Spotwalla problem this is what Garmin sent.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=2170f5e264bb1be278

Just another reason to make sure all the receipts are kept and documented. Had I been on a ride, my photos, receipts, and the odometer would have been the only thing to save it. Haven't had the glitch with the Explorer Plus since but definitely strange.

XPLSV

Premier Member
Looks like the same time stamp was duplicated at multiple points along the route...almost like it was shifted 15 minutes up the road but reported the time stamp from 15 minutes prior. Weird.