Whinging Pom Alert

Hi, my good lady and I are coming to Australia for 6 month to visit an ex army mate, and I am going to attempt an End to End in WA as he lives in Albany. I have talked to Ziggy Milemuncher who has done the ride and have had a great deal of help with routing, fuel stops and the odd kangaroo trying to commit suicide in front of vehicles.
I'll be trying the ride in July so any and all help will be greatfully received.
Thanks in advance.

My route for the ride is Albany to Wyndham for the End to End then round to Darwin then a flower sniffing run down the Stuart Highway to Adalade where my mates son lives.
When we go back to Albany I'll try for a BBG 2000.

Brookester

Premier Member
My route for the ride is Albany to Wyndham for the End to End then round to Darwin then a flower sniffing run down the Stuart Highway to Adalade where my mates son lives.
When we go back to Albany I'll try for a BBG 2000.
Just a note...the 2000km ride in Aus is just an SS2000 to do a BBG it needs to be a BBG2500km....which is roughly equivilant to the BBG1500mi ride....if you have'nt yet there is a page of Aus specific rides to tempt you further...http://www.ibaaustralia.com/australian-specific-rides/

Just a note...the 2000km ride in Aus is just an SS2000 to do a BBG it needs to be a BBG2500km....which is roughly equivilant to the BBG1500mi ride....if you have'nt yet there is a page of Aus specific rides to tempt you further...http://www.ibaaustralia.com/australian-specific-rides/
That's my maths de bunked, in my defence we do use miles here. I haven't yet checked the route but Google does tell me it's 1600 ish miles so that should be OK.

For our visa we have to leave Oz after 3 month so we are off to New Zealand end of August so that will fit in perfect I will work on the good lady Joy and my mate, both ride but not IBA stuff. We might see some of you there.

Well that's me here I've planned my ride for mid October not sure of the date yet but we've decided to do the Border Run so look out for me.

Foster, If you make it to Adelaide and need a place to stay please get in touch with me.
Otherwise have a safe trip and enjoy your time here.
Thanks for the offer mate our accommodation is sorted. We will be there for quite a while so if you what it would be good to meet up and maybe have a meal and a chat, we are always open to suggestions.

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks for the offer mate our accommodation is sorted. We will be there for quite a while so if you what it would be good to meet up and maybe have a meal and a chat, we are always open to suggestions.
Sounds good,
I live in the Adelaide Hills in the middle of a wine growing region and work in a micro brewey so I have a few options. Let me know when you are free and we can organise something.

Sounds good,
I live in the Adelaide Hills in the middle of a wine growing region and work in a micro brewey so I have a few options. Let me know when you are free and we can organise something.
Hi mate that's us here in Adelaide and things have settled down we'll be leaving here around the 31st to get to the Border Run for the Friday. Let me know if your free for a meet up, most days are good for us.