windshield

I have finished the saddle sore plus the bun burner and have the paperwork back. It was a lot of fun. The bike set up was close but had a few issues. The handle bars on the 2018 r1200rt was too low so it was a pain in the shoulders ( put a set of risers on and fixed that). The factory windshield is fine normally but when it rains the water comes over the top and on to my face shield so its hard to see anything. Is there a windshield out there that works better than stock ?

Tele

Premier Member
I installed a Wunderlich wind deflector on the top of my R1200 GSA screen. It can be angled to suit rider height. Cheaper than a full replacement screen as my only real issue was the wind hitting me mid helmet over the top of the standard screen. The deflector pushes the wind just that little bit higher.

In fact, when raining, I actually drop my screen so that the wind hits the helmet visor directly. Makes for increased buffeting, but the wind then forces the water off the visor and hence maintains a greater level of clarity.

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I run a Werks QR on my 15 RT. Just before I was headed out on rally ride, a generous car shared a small hunk of metal with my factory windshield - which I was never happy with anyway.

In a bind for time, I contacted Terry at Werks and told him I needed a low clear shield and what my time frame was. Said he didn't have one on-hand but to give him a couple hours and he'd try to round one up, called me back about an hour later and told me he found one he could get to me ASAP.

IMO, you really can't do much better than the Werks windshields and their dedication to helping riders is unequaled.

jsoque

Premier Member
Conan, I've used a PUIG for my '16 12RTLC and love it. Though in heavy rain, some droplets do rise off the top lip but the slip stream blows them over my head. Check it out here during a review/upgrades video I made:
. Fast Foward to 6:12 in the video. Good Luck.

Y

yomav

I run a Werks QR on my 15 RT. Just before I was headed out on rally ride, a generous car shared a small hunk of metal with my factory windshield - which I was never happy with anyway.

In a bind for time touring windshield ktm 990 adventure, I contacted Terry at Werks and told him I needed a low clear shield and what my time frame was. Said he didn't have one on-hand but to give him a couple hours and he'd try to round one up, called me back about an hour later and told me he found one he could get to me ASAP.

IMO, you really can't do much better than the Werks windshields and their dedication to helping riders is unequaled.
So the new 790 Duke doesn't come with a windshield and you’re stuck up in the wind while riding on long stretches of empty road or highway. That will easily tire you out and rider ergonomics are relatively upright, so your torso gets the full brunt of it. Are there any options out there yet? Or which aftermarket companies should we keep an eye on?

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have no clue where/why you added/copied anything I've ever posted that had the words "KTM 990 Adventure" from but you're misquoting what I posted above - in post #6. This is the first time I've ever posted anything about a KTM anything and it certainly is NOT int my original post.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have no clue where/why you added/copied anything I've ever posted that had the words "KTM 990 Adventure" from but you're misquoting what I posted above - in post #6. This is the first time I've ever posted anything about a KTM anything and it certainly is NOT int my original post.
yomav is a troll. reported twice now for nonsense posts

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Make that three times now. Pisses me off when someone implies I said something that I didn't say. Quote me all you like but changing the context of what I said makes it a lie.

If this is the third time, and I did report him, IMO he should be banned. We don't need folks posting on the IB Forum just to troll and stir stuff up.