Winter Solstice Ride December 2021

I would appreciate someone participating in the winter solstice ride with me on December.22. 2021
I’m prepared to ride it alone but my family is anxious when I do night riding alone (I’m 84 but still riding about 30,000 miles a year) and this ride requires about 8 hours of night riding.
Im a long time IBA rider and have reached Gold Status so I should not hold anyone up. I live in the Villages in FLORIDA but would be ok starting anywhere within 100 miles.

Chuck Gatecliff
248-329-2339
[email protected]

Hi Chuck,
I am ten years younger, but I am getting the same flak from my lovely wife. I am also planning a winter solstice, riding southernly from Las Vegas to try to stay in warmer weather. It looks like 17 hours total with at least 6 hours and likely 7 hours in the dark. To break up the night riding, I will leave at 3:30 AM. That will get me out of the city before there is traffic and hopefully leaving me only 4 hours of riding in the dark on the homestretch. Good luck with your ride.

Thanks Donald,
The years sure fly by, don’t they. When I did the fall Equinox and several other IBA rides I also leave between 2:00 and 3:00 am so most of my dark hours are when I’m the freshest. This time of year here in Florida we only have 10 hours of daylight so I hoping to leave about 1:00 am which only gives me about 2 hours at the end of the day as I think the rout I planned requires 18 hours, if no morning fog and no problems 17 is doable. However if someone joins me I will ride what ever hours they desire. I have a thirst for the challenge but struggle to cause my family concern.

Redwing56

Premier Member
I would appreciate someone participating in the winter solstice ride with me on December.22. 2021
I’m prepared to ride it alone but my family is anxious when I do night riding alone (I’m 84 but still riding about 30,000 miles a year) and this ride requires about 8 hours of night riding.
Im a long time IBA rider and have reached Gold Status so I should not hold anyone up. I live in the Villages in FLORIDA but would be ok starting anywhere within 100 miles.

Chuck Gatecliff
248-329-2339
[email protected]
Hi Chuck

Im in NY so a bit far but i'll be heading south from NY on the 21st for the solstice. I hope you find a fellow rider but I want to wish you safe travels and clear skies. Be well

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Chuck: I may be along the Space Coast riding the US Space Force Birthday SS1000 on 20 Dec so it's a maybe. Sent you a PM.
Doug Vance