working back up to riding again

I've had some health issues the past couple years, first after I had my gall bladder out, I was subject to severe fatigue, then I had a seizure and had several more before I got the medication under control . between that and having a body riddled with spirochaetes (several bouts with Lyme, not Syphilis)

Tomorrow morning at 3:45 am I will be heading out on a 250 mile ride for breakfast, hang out a bit then a 250 mile ride home. not a big dea for most of the forum members here, but it will be my first real test to see if I ever have a chance of doing a real IBA ride again

https://www.facebook.com/events/414...ce":"dashboard","mechanism":"calendar_tab"}]}

hoping to catch a few minutes of the Stihl Timbersports Qualifier in the afternoon before I head back home, hotsaw and block chop are the scheduled evevts

Scott Parish

Premier Member
I've had some health issues the past couple years, first after I had my gall bladder out, I was subject to severe fatigue, then I had a seizure and had several more before I got the medication under control . between that and having a body riddled with spirochaetes (several bouts with Lyme, not Syphilis)

Tomorrow morning at 3:45 am I will be heading out on a 250 mile ride for breakfast, hang out a bit then a 250 mile ride home. not a big dea for most of the forum members here, but it will be my first real test to see if I ever have a chance of doing a real IBA ride again

https://www.facebook.com/events/414129865600023/?acontext={"action_history":[{"mechanism":"upcoming_events_card","surface":"dashboard","extra_data":"[]"},{"surface":"dashboard","mechanism":"calendar_tab"}]}
Sounds like you've been through quite an ordeal. Good luck and have fun.

Scott

it was a workout for me, one problem I have to fix is fatigue in my side stand, between excess lean angle, top heaviness, I had a had time uprighting the bike off the stand, one time I had to get off, and roll the bike to spot where the wheels were lower than the side stand to get a better lean angle. argh!

worthwhile visit to my alma mater, breakfast with a few other IBA members, visited my granddaughter who is attending, and got to watch at least some of the events in the Woodmens Spring Conclave and Stihl Timbersports Qualifying, Teams and Athletes from my alma mater swept the competition
http://www.adirondackdailyenterpris...book&utm_content=2017&utm_term=historic-sweep

chfnelson

Premier Member
Know what you are going through. Spinal surgery last July, and problems all winter. Just getting better, and I tripped and broke a bone in my hand when I landed. Be another month before I can get the bike out for a trial run.

I remember breaking my thumb about 15 years ago, cast up to my elbow, but my fingers were free as was the tip of my thumb, I had to adjust my clutching style, and I did a lot more clutchless shifting, but was able to ride, hardest part was snaking my cast down the sleeve of my Roadcrafter and pulling up zippers with my right hand

I had a setback last week, severely strained a muscle in my torso while I was uprighting my Vstrom from the kickstand, then had to repeat the same painful action 2 more times before I got home, doctor has me on a powerful anti-inflamitory and a muscle relaxer that zaps me right out, doctor also ordered me to fix my kickstand, at least temporarily, I will attach a 4x4x4 cube to the bottom, and even then, the bike will lean more than necessary, a rough cut 4x4x4 would be be

Rusjel

Premier Member
Let us know your progress randyo, good on you for having a crack at riding.

I had to go through a bunch of rehab after surgery and radio/chemo 6 years ago.

The first ride was pure joy. Pain too, but you get that.