Wyman Rendezvous Daily Dispatch

MWCollins

Premier Member
Congratulations to all the Riders on your successful Wyman Grand Tour Challenge ! ! ! !
What a great adventure you must have had.

Cliff,
What a fabulous job you, Tim, Howard, Duncan and Marti have done putting this Project all together.
The Grand Tour Rider's Guide is just an incredible book. I was so impressed. The amount of research you and your staff have dedicated to this project is incredible !!

I certainly hope you folks are planning to repeat this Challenge again someday, because as I read through the Rider's Guide, a very loud and persisted voice was screaming in my head, "I have got to do this ride ..... I have got to do this ride".

Heck, I may have to dust off my old Shovelhead and sign up !!

Thanks again for being so dedicated to this.
It was most enjoyable.

Mark W. Collins
Kingston MA

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I certainly hope you folks are planning to repeat this Challenge again someday,
Mark,

Plans are underway for the 2020 Wyman Rendezvous (we only hold it every other year). It will occur basically during the week of the Memorial Day Monday holiday. Keep that thought and look for the sign up opportunity some time in late 2019. While you can do the Wyman ride on your own (although it is restricted to certain start and end dates), it is much more enjoyable in the "Rendezvous" fashion as we did this year.

Thanks for the very kind words regarding the Project. It has been a labor of love for everyone involved, but I would be remiss if I did not say that Tim Masterson deserves the vast majority of the credit. He has single handedly contacted city leaders along the route and sold them on erecting our plaques and Waypoint signs. Like a traveling salesman with no time constraints, Tim has motored across the land many times over to make this happen. Personally I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from him but he knows how to sell Wyman!

Thanks again. See you on the road!