X ride in Nevada

Jeff McDonald

Premier Member
I would like some information on the requirements , to devolpe an X ride in my state.
It will be a little over 1500 miles. Should it be a 36 hr ride with an gold enhancement for doing it in 24 hr.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
X rides are essentially an In State ride that has specific cities that must be documented and usually requires a start/finish at one of those cities. As I understand, it doesn't have to have a 36 hour Silver and 24 hour Gold component, but these could be done that way. Some states might only have SS1K potential, but NV has BB1500 and BBG potential.

https://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/instate/index.html

Typical description is: To each of the 4 corners, through the center of the state each time.

From the link above:

The ride must be completed in the time specified for the traditional ride or as specified in the Ride List.

You may start at any location in the state. You may end at any location within the state.

You may not leave the state -- except for safety reasons, and if you leave you MUST re-enter at the same point you left it.

You must obtain a DBR every 350 miles or less.

Your official time is determined by the starting and ending receipts. PLEASE check these documents and make sure the clock and date are correct!

Spotwalla.com is required.

Remember it is YOUR responsibility to prove you stayed within the state. SpotWalla goes a long way towards this proof.
Since it appears no one has done a NV-X ride yet, it's up to you to plan your route and submit the ride as a new NC-X ride. You can ask @Ira for his input on your route if you are not sure if it will be acceptable.

I would expect you to make your own choices on cities at the corners, but some examples would be:

Avi Smokeshop/gas station
10200 Aha Macav Pkwy, Laughlin, NV 89029

McDermitt Chevron
195 US-95, McDermitt, NV 89421

Jackpot Chevron
1104 US-93, Jackpot, NV 89825

Mesquite 76 Station
200 Mesa Blvd, Mesquite, NV 89027

And for the center perhaps:

Champs gas station
16 Main St, Austin, NV 89310

Alternately, you could choose to use the most SW point;

Harrah's in Stateline for a corner receipt
15 Hwy 50, Stateline, NV 89449

Gas at Chevron
217 Kingsbury Grade Rd, Stateline, NV 89449

Could look something like this: Jackpot to Stateline to McDermitt to Laughlin

Or: Jackpot to Stateline to Mesquite to McDermitt

You could choose hwy 306 instead of hwy 305 for one or both runs as well, as long as you crossed your chosen center point.