Yamaha 100,000 mile maintenane report (ridden hard)

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm at 99k on my 2012 Super Tenere as of today. Recall for the fuel pump O-ring and headlight wiring harness, normal valve checks at 49k & 82k with some minor shim changes.

I did experience some vibrations in the 3500-4500 range that got slowly worse, starting around 60k miles. This was not anything like what happened to Paul. I had it re-worked a couple of times, which improved things, but then the '14 clutch basket became available for a great price, so I ordered one.

While on a trip to Alaska and the Yukon, the cam chain noise increased significantly and I knew the cct needed replacement, but finished the trip first.

Unfortunately, the cam chain slipped when I started the bike to take it to the dealer for the overdue valve check and cct replacement. This resulted in a four month repair process under warranty.

The bike is fine now and runs great. The 4 year extended warranty more than paid for itself and is still in effect for a few more months.

Other than above, its just been tires and oil/filter changes. Air filter and spark plugs now and then too.