ss1000

1. Foxton1

Nevada SS1000 by an Aussie

Hi all, what better state than Nevada to attempt my first SS1000 (in miles), riding a motorcycle in the USA for the very first time, and riding a 6-cylinder engine for the first time also. Having previously driven cars on the right-hand side of the road, and ridden motorcycles in other countries...
  2. Foxton1

Tips for a Nevada in-state SS1000

Hi everyone, this Aussie will be attempting a Nevada in-state SS1000 on the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend. I'm super excited - as this will be my first ever motorcycle ride in the USA* :cool: I plan to stop at Crystal Springs just after daybreak for some photos by the Alien Highway...
  3. N

Saddlesore attempt - 2 route

Hello riders, Planning to attempt for SS100 next week. The route i am planning to take is San francisco - Eugene (OR) - San francisco SFO - Redding - Mt Shasta - Grants pass - Eugene and back to SFO Route is...
  4. The Eef Man

SS1000 - First attempt at a verified ride. 5th - 6th September 2021

Ride Report. Saddle Sore 1000 5th - 6th September 2021 Having heard about the Iron Butt association a number years ago, I’ve been intending to attempt a verified ride for a good long while now. I can’t really explain why it has taken me so long to attempt one, but I can procrastinate with the...
  5. B

3rd time is not always a charm ....

I just completed my third SS1000 / 1600 ride. After the first two I figured this one would be a 'charm'. I wanted to add the Lower Great lakes SS1000 to my Lake Huron ride a month ago. Started out well enough with route advice from other caring IBs' and after a while even the sun was shining...
  6. B

West Coast Gut Check 2018

Well we cant have the South Africa portion of the forum empty. Just now people start thinking we don't ride down on the southern tip of the continent. So here are the details of a ride 13 of us are taking on next week (25 October 2018) to our West Coast Rally in South Africa...
  7. P

Newbie visiting California/USA SS1000

Hi I’m going to the states next month for 5 weeks... 1 week in San Francisco and then across to New York. I’m thinking about trying my first SS1000 whilst in Cal. I’m riding a 2009 Harley fat boy and am very interested in riding the PCH... is this suitable traffic/speed wise for the SS? Am...
  8. pdbuzz

Not certified yet, but...

I have high hopes! ;) I did my first Iron Butt ride this past weekend (Oct. 7-8). It was the SaddleSore 1000. That definitely gets peoples attention when I talk about it. Though my co-workers just kind of shake their head and conclude I must be slightly insane! ;) This weekend trip was a...
  9. B

GSX1300R HAYABUSA

I have been a long time fan of the Hayabsua since it's unveiling in 1999 but it has only been in the last 6 years I have had the opportunity to own 1 (or in my case now the 3rd). With it's unique look and impressive speed it rocketed to the top of the list for many sports bike riders and being...
  10. A

Tucson to Boise SS1000

I am a noob as of this past week. Last weekend I picked up a 2015 VMax in Tucson, AZ on Saturday and on Left for Boise, ID the next morning. 1054 miles and 22 hrs later I made it home. Other than the cold in Northern Nevada and Idaho, it was a perfect trip. I mailed off the IBA packet today...