Border to Border - Windsor CA to Nuevo Laredo Mexico

igurv

Good Day.
I am planning a border-to-border run from Windsor, Canada to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico - which is about 2600 km and should take around 30 hours or so.

Questions are:
1. The stamp on the passport does not have time, so how do you gather a time stamp from the border officials?
2. Has anyone been to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico before for a Border-to-Border ride?
3. Is this city safe to crash at night?
4. How is the border crossing?
5. Let's say you spent 1-2 hours in the lineup on the borders - will that get added to the run time or is that subtracted?

If you have any other tips or suggestions for this run, please feel free to send recommendations.

Thank you

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The border stamp does not qualify as documentation for the Border to Border ride. You need to get a DBR in Mexico and Canada to show that you actually crossed the borders. Most people seem to just get gas at a Pemex station and cross back into the US. You can use a signed witness form from the Customs agents, but don't expect that to be easy to get.

I would suggest you NOT spend the night in Nuevo Laredo, but I don't have direct experience. Others here do and hopefully will chime in. You might read THIS. And check with the Canadian Gov sites on travel to Mexico. Do get insurance for your motorcycle set up before you go, though you can do it fairly quickly at the border on the US side.

Any time you spend getting across the border after your start receipt is on the clock. No time will be deducted.

Go HERE and read the rules, tips and info for the IBA Border to Border ride. Many of your question are answered there.

igurv

The border stamp does not qualify as documentation for the Border to Border ride. You need to get a DBR in Mexico and Canada to show that you actually crossed the borders. Most people seem to just get gas at a Pemex station and cross back into the US. You can use a signed witness form from the Customs agents, but don't expect that to be easy to get.

I would suggest you NOT spend the night in Nuevo Laredo, but I don't have direct experience. Others here do and hopefully will chime in. You might read THIS. And check with the Canadian Gov sites on travel to Mexico. Do get insurance for your motorcycle set up before you go, though you can do it fairly quickly at the border on the US side.

Any time you spend getting across the border after your start receipt is on the clock. No time will be deducted.

Go HERE and read the rules, tips and info for the IBA Border to Border ride. Many of your question are answered there.
Thank you @EricV for the links.
We were planning on stopping over for a night or two... but we may just turn around and head back to the US for a night stay.
Thanks Again