Brit Butt Rally 16 Bonus pictures

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Post here your best bonus pictures with a description to include location , points and how the ride was to get there. Etc.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Here's a few photos from my rally.

This first one is No.58 Dover Lighthouse. This involved approximately a mile of off-road riding along a meandering dirt track with potholes and mud in places. The last turn leading up to the lighthouse was up an incline and the bike had to be in the photo too. Glad I was on my GSA and not my old FJR or a Goldwing :eek:

This one is No.40 the Mermaid Inn at Rye. Again the bike had to be in the photo and me too. If you look carefully you can see the angle of the hill this pub was on, coupled with the cobbled street. Certainly not an easy to get to and park at location. Luckily a tourist was happy to take my picture.

This one is No.88 Bodinnick Ferry in Cornwall and was taken just after the first sailing at 8 a.m on the Sunday morning. I'd already been to the Lizard lighthouse shortly after 6 a.m so this was an ideal time to get these daylight bonus locations instead of during the day on Saturday.

This one was two bonuses later at No.76 Port Isac. Again terrible little roads to get there and I was now running a bit late but my phone alarm went off while I was parked there which signalled it was time to get another 3000 points by sending in my text bonus :D

This last one is back near Leicester and just up the road from our previous BBR hotel at Coventry. No.03 Meriden Trumpet Factory Memorial.

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks Mark. Just what we needed to show the trials of riding an Iron Butt style rally

Did you see Doc Martin in Port Isaacs??

Last edited:

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Don't complain about small roads, Mark! You've got a GS! ;) Imagine what it was like with a chubby Pan....:confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Thruxton at Dusk

I'd just ridden through the only rain I found over the weekend - very heavy, but luckily quite short-lived so I dried out nicely by the time I got here.

I empathise with the back lanes of Devon Mark, at one point Garmin turned me onto a single track, complete with the standard generous gravel covering and announced 'follow road for 26.2 miles'! My heart sank, but luckily the Garmin's inability to understand the difference between a junction and a straight road meant I joined proper tarmac after a mile.