Christmas 2020 RTE.

JON12A

IBAUK's new Shop Keeper
IBA Member
#24
Yes mate she's coming down on the Friday.
Looking forward to this one Steve.
Is the pub next door the one I stayed at when we ate out with the 3 off us last year ?.
 

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#26
I have been speaking to the hotel recently regarding the Covid 19 situation and booking from IBA Members.
I am hoping to be able to update you all very shortly.
Cheers Steve.
 

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#28
I have just been contacted by The Old Tollgate hotel, and they have asked me to contact a Mr Tom Smith who has booked a room for our event to contact them regarding there booking. If you could contact them directly please, many thanks.
 

JON12A

IBAUK's new Shop Keeper
IBA Member
#29
Any news on this Steve ? Getting closer and will only be a couple of days after the lockdown , if it ends then .
 
#30
Sorry to say that we have just cancelled partly because of Covid but mostly because we now have a small new puppy and the hotel don’t allow pets, I wouldn’t want to leave her in the room on her own anyway.

We got all but £10.50 back of our deposit.
 
Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#31
Any news on this Steve ? Getting closer and will only be a couple of days after the lockdown, if it ends then .
I have to regrettably say that it is now officially cancelled the Christmas RTE .

I am still trying to find out what the hotels official refund policy is. so watch this space.
Steve.
 
Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#32
THE RTE AT THE OLD TOLLGATE HOTEL ON THE 5TH DEC HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
I have just spoken to the manager at the Tollgate Hotel who I arranged the group deal with.
She has told me that their policy is that they are not offering refunds but can transfer the booking date to November or maybe December next year.
They did send an email out in September offering refunds until some date in early October. But I never received it. And this is the email that I have been chasing to get for the last 2 months.
They are going to phone me back in the next few days to let me know what they are going to do for us.
If we were to turn up in December this year after this current lock down, and the rule of six was still in place. She informed me we would not be allowed to meet socially.
I asked about if the lock down was extended or another one started after the 2nd December, and the hotel had to close would we get a refund, because by law I thought they had to as they had broken the contract.
The answer was no, the owner had consulted with his solicitors and they were only offering transferring bookings to a later date.
The manager is calling me back in a few days to see what she can do for us.
 

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#33
After speaking to the hotel today, it was confirmed that should this present lock-down finishes on the 2nd of December. as planned and the hotel is open for the dates we have booked they will not issue refunds.
Here is a copy of an e-mail that Greame has received.

"We will allow a transfer of the prepayment for the bedrooms booked on the 4th & 5th of December in the event of travel restrictions in place, or if you are required to self-isolate.

The prepayment can be used on any date up until 30th November 2021 or over the same dates in December 2021.

If the national lock-down is extended we will contact you directly to confirm the held deposit amount.

However you will need to contact us directly if you are subject to localised lock-down or have been asked to self-isolate."

I know they have spoken to solicitors and believe they can legally do this.
But if the have to shut they have broken the contract and we should get a full refund.
As we cannot confirm what our options are until this lock-down finishes. I feel our best bet is to see if we can transfer our bookings to 3rd & 4th December 2021 and hold the RTE that weekend.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers Steve.
 

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
#34
I'd be quite happy for them to hold my payment over to later in the year, Steve, or for a Dec 21 RTE.

As long as they don't go bust in the meantime.
 

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#35
Hi Tom,

The only problems that I see with booking the 21st December is that I know that they get very busy over the Christmas period. And may be heavily booked up, not leaving enough accommodation space for our group.
The other problem is Covid rules such as no more than groups of 6 etc.

I think our best bet is to hold the RTE in the same venue on Friday 3rd and Saturday the 4th of December 2021 which the hotel has confirmed we can do. Hopefully we should be Covid free well before that and back to normal.

If enough people show interest in doing that. I will call the Christmas RTE for those dates.
Winglider
 
Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's new Shop Keeper
IBA Member
#38
Not sure there is a lot of interest in this as a Xmas doo Steve ?. Not many seemed to fancy it.
We could book it as an RTE any time next year .
Maybe Boulogne or Dunkirk for Xmas 2021. Going on the continent brought a big response.
Lets get some more input before booking for Xmas ?
 
Last edited:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
#39
There was actually 15 people booked to go Jon.
You can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time :rolleyes:
 

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
#40
Cancelled today ..
Will watch out for next years event ..

Best wishes to all for Christmas and a New Year, Stay safe ...