DMD2 Anyone using it?

Murphyau

I have just started to play around with the current version (2.77) on an old Andriod tablet, but I have not fitted it to my bike yet. (desktop testing only).

It does look to be "feature rich", especially the ability to read/display OBD2 data, but a new "much improved" version is currently in beta testing, that seems to offer more functionality especially with in-built route calculation.

I'll probably hold off doing too much more until the new version is released.

I have just started to play around with the current version (2.77) on an old Andriod tablet, but I have not fitted it to my bike yet. (desktop testing only).

It does look to be "feature rich", especially the ability to read/display OBD2 data, but a new "much improved" version is currently in beta testing, that seems to offer more functionality especially with in-built route calculation.

I'll probably hold off doing too much more until the new version is released.

Much of the same opinion. The maps look nice but not having the point to point navigation limits its use. Installed it on a 10" tablet, mounting it will require some custom fabrication.

-Mark

Murphyau

I saw this comment from the Developer on the DMD2 F/Book page. Time will tell, but it does not fill me with a lot of confidence about road-going use.

Today we will update DMD2 with a very simple route calculator. Not the version we have planned but instead, for now, a simple, mostly for utility, that can be used for connecting you to map points, way-points, poi, and track points.

Our final route planner will be mostly for adventure and off-road. DMD2 will never be intended to replace road navigation apps, since that is not our focus, our planner and navigator will never be focused on road, city, instructions, but instead, it will be mostly for providing tools for off-road and adventure planning.

Murphyau

I played around with the beta version for a few months but gave up around July or August because I found the on-road GPS function was not very good. The GPS function may have been improved since then.

In the end, I just used some stand alone Android apps downloaded from the Google Play store. These apps (Google Maps, Google Waze, iGo Navigation and OBD2 Link) provide the information I need.

Attachments

yon

Premier Member
I was interested in DMD2 initially, but the developers seem to be focusing mainly on off-roading, so I stopped keeping up with updates.