First IBA SS1000 Plan - does this look ok?

RTG,

Definitely triple check if the servos are genuinely open 24hrs in Yunta, In January when I went through at 5:30am in the morning I recall the lights NOT been on in the servos as I whistled through. (I was on my GSA with a 400-500km tank so was planning to refuel later in SA)

I would also second Farman's suggestion of carrying a jerrycan of spare fuel, weather conditions (wind) can throw the best planned fueling strategy out the window. Which was my problem between Cobar and Broken Hill, I had a stiff headwind which drained the tank way too fast.

Like Fatman, I have a deep distrust of 24hr unmanned fuel pumps from bitter experience.
I’m riding a 1250 GSA. 115 kmh I’m getting 4.7 reliably 1 up with panniers. 630 kms to empty. I rode Kellyville - Old Pacific Highway - M1 then Buckets away Thunderbolt away to Inverell. 580kms and put in 27.5 litres. Didn’t have head winds but gave it some from Gloucester to Walcha.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ive often found fuel burn from Nyngan to Brocken hill to be a bit on the higher side Like it often is on the Hay Planes.
Its sneeky and I expect mostly due to be predominantly open going with low level to no scrub cover.