Fishing

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
An atheist fishermen was on his way through the woods to his favourite fishing spot. "What majestic trees! What a crystal clear river! What beautiful animals", he said to himself.
As he walked alongside the river he heard a rustle in the bushes, turning to look towards the sound he saw a 7 foot Bear charging towards him.
Struck with fear the fisherman ran as fast as he could back up the path. he looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was gaining on him. His heart pumped frantically as he tried to run even faster, suddenly he tripped and fell. As he rolled over to pick himself up he saw the bear raise his paw to take a swipe at him.
At that instant the atheist cried out, "Oh my God!"
Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest fell silent. It was then that a bright light shone down upon the man and a voice from heaven spoke, "you deny my existence for all these years, you teach others I don't exist and you even credit creation to nothing more than a cosmic accident. Now you expect me to help you out of your predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"
The atheist fisherman looked directly into the light. "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but, perhaps you could endow the bear with Christian beliefs and attitudes.
"Very well", said the Voice, the light dimmed as a cloud rolled across the sky, the sounds of the forest came back and life resumed. With that the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful, Amen."