GTR to "The Rabbit Trap Hotel" Albert NSW 21st October 2023

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This was a top weekend!

Huge thanks to Gatey for bringing us all together. As Mick said, all had a great time, the beers were cold, the Moto GP was on live, we paid our respects to Bam, all the while Derricks Ural kept on drawing people in for a closer look. All very Australian IBA style. Loved it!

Homeward bound, I rolled out Sunday in the pre dawn darkness with Hackle keeping me company. The ride home was sublime, as we watched the sun rise followed by blue skies, but cool temperatures as the miles rolled by.

Trundle, NSW on the way into the Rabbit Trap

Fatman

Thanks Gatey for organising this one, we both had fun catching up with those present. The pub was great, we even watched the rescheduled Moto GP from Phillip Island.

Bam was remembered and we all raised a glass to his memory. RIP Bam.

Oh the Vaseline, I'll leave that to Hackle and Martin to explain. LOL

Catch you around.

Last edited:

HACKLE

I have no words to add to the Vaseline story. What happened on the weekend stays on the weekend. As Kiwi said a great ride home via all the back blocks of NSW. Thanks Kiwi for leading and for the invitation to sample Rebecca's great coffee. I got home at 5.15 pm. after a bit of nuisance rain from Orbost. Once again thanks Gatey for putting this together. Now, where to next time. Somewhere close to Corryong for Kimmie, maybe the Jingellic Hotel, Derrick I'm sure would welcome a revisit to sit on the lawn with a frothy whilst watching the Murray idle by. Just saying Kimmie.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Karl has a plan brewing.
More on that in a new post in the new year.
Great to see you all out west. Who was the tall lanky guy with the FJR ?
A horse whisperer I'm told. Stella effort to get that out of his ranch. Deep sand, deep Creek crossing and 15km of treacherous granit track. Top effort for a new guy hahaha.
Hi Tony.

Fatman

Who was the tall lanky guy with the FJR ?
A horse whisperer I'm told. Stella effort to get that out of his ranch. Deep sand, deep Creek crossing and 15km of treacherous granit track. Top effort for a new guy hahaha.
Hi Tony.
And he was the best dressed cowboy in town!

Great to see you Tony K, been many years since our last chat.

Last edited:
Well thanks all you guys for the warm welcome back to the fold. It's been a while.

Had a good weekend, with plenty of laughs. Lots of yarns with the truth bent a bit to protect the guilty.

Apologies to OX, after a wave & thumbs up I rode past.
About 1 km after it occurred to me who it might have been.
We'll have a yarn next time mate.
T

Kimmie

I have no words to add to the Vaseline story. What happened on the weekend stays on the weekend. As Kiwi said a great ride home via all the back blocks of NSW. Thanks Kiwi for leading and for the invitation to sample Rebecca's great coffee. I got home at 5.15 pm. after a bit of nuisance rain from Orbost. Once again thanks Gatey for putting this together. Now, where to next time. Somewhere close to Corryong for Kimmie, maybe the Jingellic Hotel, Derrick I'm sure would welcome a revisit to sit on the lawn with a frothy whilst watching the Murray idle by. Just saying Kimmie.
No complaints from me Hackle.
Happy to have everyone in my new home town and surrounds.

Also happy to wait as Gatey has mentioned - Karl has a plan....I'll bet a cunning one at that..LOL