Hi from Cheshunt - Herts

Thank you for letting me join the forum! I hope to learn a lot from here.

My ambition is to complete an SS1000 in the UK this year, both as a personal challenge, and as a means to raise money by sponsorship for a Deaf children's charity that I work with and am very passionate about. I would like to check if raising charitable funds on the back of the ride contravenes any rules? Advice appreciated.

I've ridden 300 miles London - Paris in 2012 on a road bike (bicycle), 75 miles/day - 4 days, and the sense of achievement was terrific. As was the aches and pains...but I've forgotten them! (and we raised over £3000 for our charity, which was great too!)

So an endurance ride on my motorcycle is a challenge I relish. I've been surfing the Iron Butt website and there is a ton of good advice, that I hope to constructively use. I will be planning a route over the next month or two, but with the intention to ride it some time during May-August 2018. Might be great if someone would be willing to review it when it is ready and give some guidance as to the thoroughness (or otherwise) of my prep!

Will be riding this beastie...
IMG_20170930_112416.jpg

Well I’ve done it! Completed yesterday afternoon a SS1000 run with 15 minutes to spare before time was up! I hope once my documents are verified and if IBA UK confirm it’s all legit - I’ll write up a ride report for you all.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done on the ride - write it up anyway, you'll enjoy writing it and we'll enjoy reading it :)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well I’ve done it! Completed yesterday afternoon a SS1000 run with 15 minutes to spare before time was up! I hope once my documents are verified and if IBA UK confirm it’s all legit - I’ll write up a ride report for you all.
Well done Phil
Goodluck with the verification

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Well done you that brilliant.
Its great to get the first one and that's you hooked you will soon be looking at the next