How do we interpret the word DAY ?

Skidoo

Premier Member

Also, a normal day is 24 hours that runs from 0001 to 2359. In the RAAF, there was no such thing as a time equating to 2400 even though we used a 24 hour clock. A midnight shift finish was always 2359 with the dog watch commencing at 0001 (also using a 'date') to avoid confusion.
My 2 cents.
Certainly an interesting point MIXR. Being an emergency worker, we often commence shift at different commencement times eg 2300. That’s our ‘normal 24hr day’, but not to a normal person :)

As riders; our ride day commences with a start docket and concludes 24hrs later unless it’s a multi day ride.

Imagine the fun with dockets and rest breaks with a 150CCCC, especially when tired and the different time zones o_O

Its all good fun.

MIXR

I think you’re all overthinking it.
Pretty sure everyone agrees with ride start being the date/time on a docket. Overthinking. Heck yes. But .....................

The complexities arise if the ride is specified in the rules as (for example) a 4 day ride with no reference to the start being based on the 'time' in four 24 hour increments following the start.

We would all accept that an 11 pm start on a Sunday is not a waste of a whole calendar day on a 4 day ride so long as you finished prior to 11 pm on the Thursday. It's still a 4 day ride (in hours) completed over 5 calendar dates being 11pm Sunday to pre-11 pm Thursday. That example clearly indicates the confusion.

Easy to clarify, and possibly something no one has bothered with as the default is just hours per day from the start docket and not calendar days as indicated by the dates on the start and finish dockets.

Ok - Time to get back to the fishing prep. I need to start calculating how many lures I'll lose in Eucumbene this trip and have adequate spares available . No start and end dockets required.

Roadbandit

I must admit I didn't think this thread would explode quite the way it did . I also think I can safely assume that a consecutive 24 hour period makes a day.
Thanks for all the replies. Now to finish the planning :)