IBA HOG Chapter Ride(s) Jackson, TN and Murfreesboro TN

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
HI all,
I have proposed some IBA rides to the Bumpus HD HOG Chapters. The owners Scott and Tom Bumpus have indicated they would sponsor their HOG chapters rides ie liability wise.

The rides would be a SS1000 and a BBG, more or less along routes of previously certified rides that I have ridden. I will be working with the HOG Chapter Directors and activities officer(s); but I will probably need local IBA member's help also. Currently the dates and specifics are TBD,

If you would like to help out Please email me offline, CaptRehkopf,atGEEEmail. I don't go to the forums very often.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Take Care and have a Healthy and Happy New Year.
Robert

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Just a reminder that one needs to complete at least a Saddlesore 1000 prior to attempting a Bun Burner GOLD. So you might want to consider offering a Bun Burner 1500 in its' place.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Ira,
Thanks, I will 'screen' the BBG riders for eligibility. But a BB is way too labor intensive, and usually requires a spend the night/or some type rest. I'm willing to wait at the Finish for 24 hours to check everyone but not 36 hours!
Take Care,
Robert

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Realistically, your wait-around time for a BB15 should not be anywhere near that long. Open the check-in 18 hours after the start. That is a reasonable amount of time for an experienced rider to complete an SS1k. Particularly in a state with maximum speed limits of 70 mph and with a group of bikes very unlikely to have auxiliary fuel tanks. It also dis-encourages riders from trying to get the "best" time and turning a mass certificate ride into a race. Opening the check-in 18 hours into the ride also means you would be only waiting around for 18 hours max. Neither 24 nor 36.

SeabeeCapt

Premier Member
Stephen,
Thanks for the suggestions.
Open the check-in 18 hours after the start............I certify every start! So I guess I've boxed myself into ride time frames of 24 hours max.

I think I plan for the worst case scenarios; Rookie IBA and Non-IBA riders, but being at the start allow riders to ask questions, etc. and I like to be able to answer questions both at the start and at the finish of the rides. I would hate for a rider to have a bad experience in documentation, question, etc. of the ride when maybe I could solve a problem before paperwork is submitted.
Take Care,
Robert

Last edited: