IBRFacts updated

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
A revision to the IBRFacts webpage was uploaded to the Iron Butt Rally History website recently, reflecting the results of the 2023 IBR.
For all of the 21 IBRs (1984-2023), IBRFacts provides summary descriptions, final standings, links to full descriptions, and various statistics about mileages, riders, motorcycles, and winners, as well as notable occurrences.
IBRFacts also includes some lists . . .
-- IBR rider names (alphabetical)
-- All finishers’ IBA Numbers & names (numerical) -- new item
-- Riders with DNFs (alphabetical within count)
-- Remembrance for deceased IBR finishers
Notable about the 2023 rally . . .
-- James Owen became the first rider to win three IBRs (2009, 2017, 2023)
-- Finishers first exceeded one million total miles during a single IBR (1,001,046 miles); DNFs increased the total to 1,062,792
-- Kirsten Talken-Spaulding (operator) and Chris McGaffin (passenger) became the first female-male two-up finisher in an IBR

Note: The rearrangement of past IBR reports has been completed, and IBRFacts incorporates proper links to those reports.
. . . Dave

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Very cool, Dave! Great work... The link to the Facts page at the bottom of <https://www.ironbutt.org/IBRhistory/index.htm> goes somewhere else that 404s out...
Stephen . . . Thanks for identifying an outdated link.
The link that you cited is for a deprecated history menu page. (Notice that a 2023 IBR entry does not appear on that page).
I'm not sure of your source for this cited link. Perhaps you saved it earlier, or it's being retrieved from cache rather than refreshing.
The current history menu page is <https://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBRHistory/index.htm> which contains proper links.
Please acccess pages from the current main IBA page <https://ironbutt.com>
. . . Dave

SteveAikens

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks for all your hard work Dave. Looks great and gives us easy access to some of the data we knew before, but have forgotten. Okay, "I have forgotten!"

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
-- Finishers first exceeded one million total miles during a single IBR (1,001,046 miles); DNFs increased the total to 1,062,792
-- Kirsten Talken-Spaulding (operator) and Chris McGaffin (passenger) became the first female-male two-up finisher in an IBR
. . . Dave
And, we had our first ever diesel motorcycle finish!.. ?

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
A revision to the IBRFacts webpage was uploaded to the Iron Butt Rally History website recently, reflecting the results of the 2023 IBR.
For all of the 21 IBRs (1984-2023), IBRFacts provides summary descriptions, final standings, links to full descriptions, and various statistics about mileages, riders, motorcycles, and winners, as well as notable occurrences.
IBRFacts also includes some lists . . .
-- IBR rider names (alphabetical)
-- All finishers’ IBA Numbers & names (numerical) -- new item
-- Riders with DNFs (alphabetical within count)
-- Remembrance for deceased IBR finishers

Note: The rearrangement of past IBR reports has been completed, and IBRFacts incorporates proper links to those reports.
. . . Dave
Dave: Your list of smallest motorcycles to finish the rally includes a KLR650 in 1993, but not the BMW F650s that finished in 1997 & 99.

Steve

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Dave: Your list of smallest motorcycles to finish the rally includes a KLR650 in 1993, but not the BMW F650s that finished in 1997 & 99.

Steve
Steve . . . Thanks for informing me about the F650s not included in the smallest motorcycles section of IBRFacts. I plan to add those (and some others that I found) to that section in the next webpage update.
. . . Dave

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Many of the 2009 links got to a 404 error page. I believe 2007 do as well.
Jon . . .
Thanks for reporting some failing links on the 2009 IBR History page. I've confirmed the issue and emailed Mike Kneebone today for resolution, since it appears to be outside of the IBRFacts area that I maintain.
However, I don't find any failing links from the 2007 IBR History page. But if you have also found issues there, please provide additional details.
. . . Dave

Ninemmsig

Premier Member
Jon . . .
Thanks for reporting some failing links on the 2009 IBR History page. I've confirmed the issue and emailed Mike Kneebone today for resolution, since it appears to be outside of the IBRFacts area that I maintain.
However, I don't find any failing links from the 2007 IBR History page. But if you have also found issues there, please provide additional details.
. . . Dave
I’ll recheck my dates..

Ninemmsig

Premier Member
Thanks for checking, Dave. The Epilogue link for 2013 is also broken. I’ll let you know if I find anymore, I’m enjoying (re)reading the reports!

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Thanks for checking, Dave. The Epilogue link for 2013 is also broken. I’ll let you know if I find anymore, I’m enjoying (re)reading the reports!
Jon . . . Earlier reported link failures have been fixed by Mike. I reviewed all of the IBR History pages referenced from IBRFacts, prepared a list of the remaining failing links, and emailed the list to Mike for resolution.
. . . Dave