Kevin Weller

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Many of you will know Kevin Weller and Lynda Weller who have been very active members of the Iron Butt community over the years. Sadly i have to let you know that Kevin died this week after a short illness.

Lyn and the rest of Kevin's family are in the process of making funeral arrangements which I hope to be able to post here in the next few days. There is a possibility that it will be on Saturday 27th January in the Redruth or Camborne area of Cornwall. A weekend date may make it easier for those that wish to attend to pay their respects and support Lyn. Once the full details are known I will post them and then collate numbers so that Lyn can plan accordingly.

[Paul Tydeman on FaceBook](https://www.facebook.com/groups/450911261784062/posts/2435218543353314)

stevek

Married to the best Cake Maker in the UK
IBA Member
Such sad news. Sincere condolences go out to Lyn and Family from myself and Debi. So many memories of the days in England, Germany and Ireland. The number of times I picked Kevin's mass of experience to improve my LD riding. Always so freely given.
Makes you realise how short life is.
Ride Free Kevin my Friend.
Steve & Debi Kirk

bmbob

IBA Member
So sad to hear of the shocking news of Kevin's death.
My sincere condolences to Lyn and family.
Ride Free Kevin my Friend, Ride free.

Thanks saphena for letting us know.
Kindest regards Bob.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Very sad news.My sincere condolences to Lyn and all family and friends.Makes us realise once again we are here today but may be gone tomorrow.
RIP my dear friend Kevin, we will not forget you
Giel Kerkhof

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The funeral arrangements for Kevin Weller have now been finalised. It will be held on the 27th January 2024, at 2pm at Treswithian Downs Crematorium, Camborne, TR14 0BL.
There will also be a wake following this service, details will be published soon. It would be helpful for Lynda Weller to know who will be attending the service and also those that would be going to the wake afterwards so that a suitable venue can be confirmed.

The list is being maintained [on FaceBook](https://www.facebook.com/groups/450911261784062/permalink/2436653083209860/) and I'll copy attendee names posted here to that thread every few days

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I was trying to sort a way to come over to Kevin´s funeral but I have way too many things on to do so I am unable to attend.I will ride the initial ride to 4 corners of the Iberian Peninsula in his honour and send the certificate for that extreme ride to Lynn after I´ve completed it.It will then become an official IBA extreme ride open for all.I am also not using the Facebook nonsense anymore since 3 years so if you can pass it on to Paul I thank you for that

I was trying to sort a way to come over to Kevin´s funeral but I have way too many things on to do so I am unable to attend.I will ride the initial ride to 4 corners of the Iberian Peninsula in his honour and send the certificate for that extreme ride to Lynn after I´ve completed it.It will then become an official IBA extreme ride open for all.I am also not using the Facebook nonsense anymore since 3 years so if you can pass it on to Paul I thank you for that
Michiel, Many thanks for the update. I will pass on your comments to Lynda. Good luck with the ride!!