London to Gibraltar in 24 h

Hi, I'm planning to do a LDN to GIB ride soon and wondered if anyone has done something like that before. I'm taking the Eurotunnel, faster than ferry. I know people have done that journey, but not with an IBA-style time constraint.

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
From Esso Garage Sevenoaks Rd, Orpington BR6 7LZ (last 24 fuel stop in London Borough of Bromley, hop on M25 & M20 for Channel Tunnel)
to ELF Garage Winston Churchill Ave, Gibraltar GX11 1AA, (first 24 hour fuel stop in Gibraltar)

ITNConvertor suggests 1,460 miles and 21:13 hours
TomTom Mydrive Route Planner concurs, fastest route live traffic update 1,459 miles and 21 hours

But that assumes you'll average 70 mph which isn't going to happen and you'll need to factor in fuel stops, comfort breaks and the Peage and Autopistas Tolls.

Firstpeke

A couple of weeks ago I came back from Gib and made an attempt at a BBG1500.....

Still to submit for verification, but hoping it passes...

I am not sure that Gib to London is going to be possible simply because of the tunnel delay...... I finished 39 miles short of my planned end of ride at Amien, which would have been 1560 miles.... I was, to say the least, very glad to finish....

The extremes of temperature through Spain made it hard going, extending fuel stops for hydration and standing in shade for a few miinutes!
As I rode into France at night the temperatures eventually dropped to 9 degrees C..... from somewhere over 30 in Spain.....