Monte Cassino Friday 3rd May 2024 ss2000km.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
1700412127270.png

After the 6 Nations Ride in February and The Great Escape in March this ride will be the 3rd in the series of 5 memorial rides for this year.
Between 17th January and 18th May 1944 Allied forces assaulted Monte Cassino. The four battles resulted in 55,000 Allied casualties, with German losses estimated at around 20,000 killed and wounded. I plan to ride down to Monte Cassino and pay my respects to those who fought.

The 6th of May is a bank holiday in England, creating a 3 day weekend.

My intention is to leave Calais at 2pm on Friday 3rd May. This will give those that live in the North or West chance to travel to the start on Thursday evening and Friday through the day.

Ride about 700 miles to just before the Monte Blanc Tunnel and rest.

5am leave to finish the 580 miles (about 9 hours) to Monte Cassino and arrive for 2pm on Saturday.

1700416835634.png

Saturday evening at a local hotel.

Sunday/Monday ride home, the short route.

A Monte Cassino Memorial Ride Certificate will be available to those who complete the ride.

A Monte Cassino Memorial Ride SS2000km Certificate will be available to those who complete the ride within 24 hours.

Verification and Certificate will be £30 for the ride.

If you're interested in the ride let me know.

Riders

1) GSears
2) Colin
3)Lynn O'Kane
4) LenJ
5)FazerPhil

13/04/2024 Start and finish time updated, will allow time for a visit to the Abbey and Graves.

Last edited: