New life

John Broom

Hi people, we have sold our house and decided on a new lifestyle to see us into retirement.
We are buying a pub in Moulton Chapel, Spalding, Lincolnshire.
It's The Jolly Farmer, and we should be in there by the end of March.
Real ales, real food, and a really warm welcome is offered to all.
So, once we are settled and running I will let you know.
Ride safe in the meantime
John

John Broom

We move into the pub on 20th March, although I don't sign the contract until 6th April.
This is the taxman does not take too big a cut from the current landlords profits (£42,786)
So, by the end of April, I should be settled in and you will all be welcome for a pint or two

Southern Utah. About 90 minutes from Las Vegas, NV. Interestingly, there are a few fellas here from England who work for Range Rover. They are having a press release for the new Rovers in my area. Had a few pints with them at my local pub.

John Broom

Southern Utah. About 90 minutes from Las Vegas, NV. Interestingly, there are a few fellas here from England who work for Range Rover. They are having a press release for the new Rovers in my area. Had a few pints with them at my local pub.
We rode a Harley electraglide from Mountain View to Vegas via Yosemite, then to Pahrump for the Death Valley, then to the Grand Canyon Caverns for a ride along the 66 to LA and Santa Barbara, before a final leg up Rt 1 to Mountain View. Awesome views, fantastic 2 weeks on the bike.

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Spent six years in East Anglia living in Ely (RAF Mildenhall) and another year in Lincolnshire at Grantham (RAF Cranwell) while serving in the USAF. Great memories. Pubs were plentiful, but I never had a pint at an IBA member's pub. It's on my list now.

Rob,
Navarre, FL
IBA #15661

John Broom

Spent six years in East Anglia living in Ely (RAF Mildenhall) and another year in Lincolnshire at Grantham (RAF Cranwell) while serving in the USAF. Great memories. Pubs were plentiful, but I never had a pint at an IBA member's pub. It's on my list now.

Rob,
Navarre, FL
IBA #15661
Do you ever get back to the area? If you or any member from here is in the U.K., join me for a pint of Britains Best. Also, if you want a ride anywhere, you can borrow my GTR 1400

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Don't threaten me with a good time. :) I return annually to attend a Six Nations rugby match. Don't be surprised if a Yank wearing an Aerostich Darien orders an Old Speckled Hen and asks for the keys to the GTR 1400. I haven't ridden the U.K. country roads since 2009. Way to long.

Rob,
IBA #15661
Navarre, FL

John Broom

Don't threaten me with a good time. :) I return annually to attend a Six Nations rugby match. Don't be surprised if a Yank wearing an Aerostich Darien orders an Old Speckled Hen and asks for the keys to the GTR 1400. I haven't ridden the U.K. country roads since 2009. Way to long.

Rob,
IBA #15661
Navarre, FL
I think that my bike will be sitting in the shed as with me taking over the pub, I don't think I will have much time to take it out. So you could give a good caning sometime.

I think that my bike will be sitting in the shed as with me taking over the pub, I don't think I will have much time to take it out. So you could give a good caning sometime.
I would definitely like to keep you in my contacts. My 19 year old son has really been hounding me to take a couple weeks to come tour the country.

Fun Bobby

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I would definitely like to keep you in my contacts. My 19 year old son has really been hounding me to take a couple weeks to come tour the country.
You wouldn't be the first Brit I hosted. If you find yourself in Northwest Florida on the U.S tour, send me a message.

Rob,
Navarre, FL
IBA # 15661

John Broom

Thanks for that. If we are ever in the area we will let you know. If all goes well, in ten years we will be looking for property in your area.