Our world record ride is now a book!

Hey all! As many of your know, Ian McPhee (aka Tabledrain) and I did a massive, mayhem-filled ride in 2022 which resulted in the first ever IBA Alphabetical Capital Expedition certs as well as a World Record. (The company that gave us the world record is touchy about us invoking their name without paying for the privilege, so we'll just call it a Dark Beer World Record.) We spent 2023 writing a correspondingly massive, mayhem-filled book about the experience, and now you can get your very own copy on Amazon! Right now we're the #1 best seller in one category and the #1 New Release in another, so needless to say we're humbled and amazed at the response. If Kindle/eBooks are more your style, that will be available in the coming weeks as well.

Thanks for the bandwidth, and thanks to everyone who helped us debut on the best seller list! We hope y'all enjoy reading about the chaos way more than we enjoyed living it. :D

To all those who have supported us by purchasing our tome, to all of you who have shared this with family, to those who have finished reading and sat back and are amazed at the story, we would ask one more small act in support.

Would you please take the time to add an honest review to the site from which you purchased it. Not everyone will have used the same site, so if you could find it in your day to add a review, for us, that would close the entire circle from creation of ride to execution, then creation of story to publication and response.

Your support will be appreciated beyond words. thankyou all.

Last edited:

ibafran

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!!
I'm only on page 369 since Friday. Doing my best to SAVOR this tome. Soooo many questions which I am gonna save till I finish your epic ride review. A few biker budds are reading it too and it is tremendous trading fav quotes. I hope to see a lot of quotes become long standing sig lines.

I advise everyone to buy 2 copies; one to keep personally hallowed and one to loan out. If one does not want to lose one's loaner, one best take a hostage and/or a very large security fee.

OK? How does one get an autographed book? Yes, I would very much like to get it in person while camping rough (Iron Butt Motel) and on the clock. But. In lieu of that, what's my best alternative?

And...ODELL!!! I'm in chicagoland! I coulda helped out! A bunch of us coulda helped out! Nice safe, free grass to sleep on if our beds didn't cut the mustard. Free, anytime transport to/from OHare! Free crappy food with 9 kinds of spicy sauces. Washers/dryers, showers, free. Run for parts and pass wrenches. Me/all of us coulda been sworn to secrecy if necessary putting the testicle of choice on deposit..

Book review to be done later. Book I have was ordered on Amazon for $25 USD

"Now some people may say swearing is a sign of a weak mind, and frankly, ..." page 9
fran

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!!
I'm only on page 369 since Friday. Doing my best to SAVOR this tome. Soooo many questions which I am gonna save till I finish your epic ride review. A few biker budds are reading it too and it is tremendous trading fav quotes. I hope to see a lot of quotes become long standing sig lines.

I advise everyone to buy 2 copies; one to keep personally hallowed and one to loan out. If one does not want to lose one's loaner, one best take a hostage and/or a very large security fee.

OK? How does one get an autographed book? Yes, I would very much like to get it in person while camping rough (Iron Butt Motel) and on the clock. But. In lieu of that, what's my best alternative?

And...ODELL!!! I'm in chicagoland! I coulda helped out! A bunch of us coulda helped out! Nice safe, free grass to sleep on if our beds didn't cut the mustard. Free, anytime transport to/from OHare! Free crappy food with 9 kinds of spicy sauces. Washers/dryers, showers, free. Run for parts and pass wrenches. Me/all of us coulda been sworn to secrecy if necessary putting the testicle of choice on deposit..

Book review to be done later. Book I have was ordered on Amazon for $25 USD

"Now some people may say swearing is a sign of a weak mind, and frankly, ..." page 9
fran

Frankly, we did lots of swearing, heartfelt and voluminous at times..

The offer to assist is certainly appreciated, even now after it's done. But to be honest, we were nervous about letting it out in public so the core were people one or the other of us knew.
But, you know what, ifthere's a next time...... yeehaa..

ibafran

Ok...I finished the book. No spoilers. I got a gazillion questions. Not a boring page anywhere in the book. Picked up a few helpful hints hoping that they will work well for me too. What I have not done as yet is to see the website pix. Heard a rumor that Wendy is roaming around doing the book signing thing and I hope to touch base and get my book signed.
fran

Ok...I finished the book. No spoilers. I got a gazillion questions. Not a boring page anywhere in the book. Picked up a few helpful hints hoping that they will work well for me too. What I have not done as yet is to see the website pix. Heard a rumor that Wendy is roaming around doing the book signing thing and I hope to touch base and get my book signed.
fran
Yep, everyone has questions :)
The website pics and videosare there, you just need to add the relevant username and passowrd as noted :)

We had a reader comment that we should share details here about our online content, so here I am! If you visit pushingmiles.com and select Book > Bonus Content from the menu, you'll find videos, pics & interactive maps from the whole trip! You'll need to answer a (very easy) challenge question to login to the bonus vault, so have your copy of the book handy! And remember to capitalize your answer :)