Ride Around the Big Paddock

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIXR

Terrible news. I don't have the right words for this.

I'm so sorry that many of our own people are having to deal with this and many unfair questions will likely be raised and hard to answer. Bam was well prepared but it's often difficult for visitors to truly understand how difficult it is to ride in this country. Bless him for giving it a go.

We all know the risks. Could have been me thanks to the roo coming out of Mansfield. Could have been me thanks to the goat after the recent Memorial Ride. Could have been many of us on our rides. So many hard-arsed guys here have done these bigger rides. You know the risks.

I guess we want to know if it was a tyre failure, micro-sleep or animal avoidance that caused this tragedy. There are lessons there, but none of that diminishes the sadness at losing an IBA friend I never had a beer with and the sadness his wife, family and friends will have to come to terms with.

For those who followed Bam's journey to get here and do this, please don't say that he died doing what he loved. No one wants that. We all want to survive the journey and celebrate arriving at the intended destination.

Thanks Bam. So sad to see your dream end this way. Condolences to the family. Mick

Last edited:

tj189

Premier Member
Just so our riders are aware, as soon as the public notification of the incident was published yesterday evening, the following has been in progress by us throughut the night:
  • Contact has been made with the NT Police - We are waiting for contact back from the police which we expect will be during business hours.
  • Mike Kneebone has been contacted and this is ongoing.
  • At this stage there has been no public release of the riders name that we are aware of.
  • When the time is appropriate, we will offer whatever support we can.

Dicky Knee

I watched and followed this unfolding yesterday afternoon and last night.
I tried to push back the thought that something was seriously wrong, but alas, not to be. My mind went straight back to when I found out that Davo had left us. So many questions that answers will not soften the loss.
Really feel for Bam's family and close friends, condolences at this really difficult time.
As Rus and MIXR have said, can easily be any of us, any time we put the helmet on.
Rest easy now Bam, always in our thoughts.
R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.