Rider Magazine Interview

IBA ZX-9R

You make a great IBA ambassador, Greg. Well done!

I followed along with a lot of your key points about planning and preparing, but what stood out for me the most, were the beginning and ending, both of which made me laugh...with joy and pride. In the beginning you quickly get it out of the way, you don't like to stop. Neither do I! It's what drives my riding buddies crazy. They're short-distance riders, I'm all for before Sun up to after Sun down rides. ;) In the end, you mention how people shouldn't try to over complicate their rides with windy roads. And it's true, we cover more ground on open straight roads and 99% of the riders out there would be wise to take that advice. But for me, as a sportbike rider, the only thing keeping me in the game are the twisties. I add as many miles of them as I can into my routes, simply because I die on straightaways. I can't do for more than a couple hundred miles at a time before I'm cooked stiff. :D And like you, I plan plan plan. I Google streets the intersections I will be turning at so I can recognize them, in case my GPS goes on the blink, as it has done on one IBA SS1K.

Hat tip to you. Great interview! It made for a lot of smiles. And it's nice to know there are others who like doing this stuff too, the way you do it. You're not alone. Just on another level. :cool:

Attachments

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You make a great IBA ambassador, Greg. Well done!

I followed along with a lot of your key points about planning and preparing, but what stood out for me the most, were the beginning and ending, both of which made me laugh...with joy and pride. In the beginning you quickly get it out of the way, you don't like to stop. Neither do I! It's what drives my riding buddies crazy. They're short-distance riders, I'm all for before Sun up to after Sun down rides. ;) In the end, you mention how people shouldn't try to over complicate their rides with windy roads. And it's true, we cover more ground on open straight roads and 99% of the riders out there would be wise to take that advice. But for me, as a sportbike rider, the only thing keeping me in the game are the twisties. I add as many miles of them as I can into my routes, simply because I die on straightaways. I can't do for more than a couple hundred miles at a time before I'm cooked stiff. :D And like you, I plan plan plan. I Google streets the intersections I will be turning at so I can recognize them, in case my GPS goes on the blink, as it has done on one IBA SS1K.

Hat tip to you. Great interview! It made for a lot of smiles. And it's nice to know there are others who like doing this stuff too, the way you do it. You're not alone. Just on another level. :cool:
Thank you for the nice words. Hope to see you on the road!

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Greg :

Just curious : has your wife listened to the podcast yet ??

p.s. When I tell people about your BBG Quattro, I can tell they don't believe me. They think I'm blowing smoke out of my you know where.