I'm trying to get my first good piece of all-around riding gear (gravel, rain, cold, etc) and I'm getting confused wading through all the options. Below is what I'm wanting... if I'm chasing a ghost, please let me know.
- Sub $1000
- 2-piece (I do commute to work, and I feel like just using a jacket on some days would be very acceptable)
- Give warmth (w/o electric) til ~ 30F. If removable liner is needed, must be zip in (i.e., can't be achieved thru wearing 5 sweat shirts)
- Waterproof (ideally, during heavy downpours as well)
- Work for dirt & pavement
- A few waterproof pockets (just for wallet, primarily)
- All gear should be sized over "regular" (jeans, tshirt, etc), correct?