Shark Nose certificates.

First thought I had when I saw pictures of the new HD Lowrider was it looks like a Road Glide Fairing. Second thought was it’s not the bike for me but it might be for others. Third thought was would it also be considered eligible or added to the Shark nose certificate program.
Just idle musings to pass time during the winter non riding time.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
I wasn't aware that there was even a separate certificate for completing any IBA ride on a specific make and model of motorcycle.

Is there something about Road Glides that I don't know? Are they particularly difficult for some reason?

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
Road Glides (shark noses) are frame mounted. Street Glides and Electra Glides (bat wings) are fork mounted.

I can't believe I know that about Harley-Davidson. :p

Road Glide has been dubbed the Shark nose. New Lowrider has a similar profile but different headlight. The ridge or profile over the light is why I believe Shark nose was coined. Someone can correct me if I’m mistaken. I also don’t know how or why the individual sub certificate version originated for the Road Glide.
Frame mounted fairings look good but I prefer the batwing fork mounted of my Electra Glide.